Need help with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtBeavis

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
2,101
Ok so I now have a Macbook pro and I want windows on it so I put windows XP on it and for some reason it wont show up that I can connect wirelessly to the internet and I REALLY need to figure out how to do that can someone please help me with this problem?
 
Two things,
This is in the wrong section. It should be in Tech Help.

You need to install network drivers, it seems.
 
alright sorry didn't mean to post in the wrong section and tried that didn't work :/
 
OK.

When you cross operating systems, you'll often get driver resource errors.
In other words, was the computer that Mac was on BUILT for Mac-compatibility?
If so, you may have trouble with various drivers when switching to Windows.
If not, give us a technical description of your PC.
 
yes its a macbook pro I was using boot camp so I could play my steam games
 
OK, since you answered "Yes, etc", I'm gonna assume you mean "Yes, it's built for mac specifications."

This is an all too common problem. Mac drivers are built for Macintosh operating systems. It can be a bit difficult to cross over to Windows from a Mac, even if you think you have the correct driver installed. What network driver are you looking for?
 
Last edited:
No problem at all!
I'll add you to STEAM to see what I can do.
 
for your xp you installed, did it have SP2 on it? I dont think win xp supported wireless untill then. If not just keep updating windows until at least SP2 is installed and report back. Long shot but hopefully this helps.

EDIT: This is based on the description of the problem you gave in you Tech Help post (the option to connect wirelessly not even showing up).
 
Last edited:
Thread closed. Please post any comments/answers/questions in other thread in Tech Help. Thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top