Asus Rampage III Formula x58

dbee

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
638
Hey all. Was just looking around and ran into this one. Haven't really heard much about it , guess mostly being released on the 9th. Real sweet looking board at $300. REALLY considering going for one of these though my UD3R is doing just great.

Let me know what you guys n girls think about it. Been looking for something a bit newer in this particular color scheme and think its just perfect.

Was getting ready for a Classified E760 and did find one at the same price as the ASUS, just with the E760 i would also need to get an HAF X since its an eATX while the ASUS is ATX and could keep my current case a bit longer. Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131666

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3841/asus-rampage-iii-formula-to-debut-soon

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/35117-asus-rampage-iii-formula-living-review.html#post99956
 
1st, I would way rather have the RIIIE

2nd if you want to stay under $300 I would get either:

This:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130289

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131614

The RIIIF hasn't really proven it self to be all that great while the above 2 are know good preformers.

The RIIIF is a fine board, I just like the above better.

I've got the P6X58D, bought it when it was brand new and I've got absolutely no complaints. Thing is awesome.
 
Yea Flex , i would much rather have the RIIIE but dont want to get that close to $400. Other thing is, the board MUST be RED/BLACK.

I know the RIIIF hasn't been out long at all with enough owners to comment on it. Only has 5 reviews on the egg, being 5/5 .
 
I have the rampage extreme II and its a fantastic board. Only problem with mine is that the heatsink on the northbridge is in the way of one of the pci express ports. But that problem is only for longer pci express cards. Other than that the design and performance of the rampage series boards are top notch. RoG ftw

-Blue
 
Whoops quoted the wrong one :( meant the second link
 
Whoops quoted the wrong one :( meant the second link

Both of them are nice boards (the P6X58D-E and the P6X58D Premium),

They are basically the same except the Premium has USB3, better VRM/chipset cooling, and more power phases (not exactly sure on this one).

Either of them are nice boards.

I would guess that the RIIIF is made to be the next tier up, so it should be better than the P6X58D's
 
One thing i noticed on the Formula is the heatsink near the PCI slot is recessed allowing room for my Xonar sound card to fit for sure. I was not even thinking about the RIIIE and was so going for the EVGA Classy , but im sure i've made up my mind unless i find a killer deal on any of the three.
 
I have the rampage extreme II and its a fantastic board. Only problem with mine is that the heatsink on the northbridge is in the way of one of the pci express ports. But that problem is only for longer pci express cards. Other than that the design and performance of the rampage series boards are top notch. RoG ftw

-Blue

RoG ftw indeed. Only bad RoG was a Striker 2 Formula I had, and all S2Fs were bad. I have a Rampage Formula X48 now and it's the best mobo I have had yet.
 
Both of them are nice boards (the P6X58D-E and the P6X58D Premium),

They are basically the same except the Premium has USB3, better VRM/chipset cooling, and more power phases (not exactly sure on this one).

Either of them are nice boards.

I would guess that the RIIIF is made to be the next tier up, so it should be better than the P6X58D's

Premium has 2 LAN ports, but otherwise:

P6X58D-E Specs:

True SATA 6Gb/s and SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) support. SuperSpeed USB delivers the transfer rate of 4.8Gbit/s, transfer data 10X faster than USB 2.0 and is backward compatible with all older generation devices. 16+2 Phase Power Design - The Asus P6X58D-E adopts the brand new 16-phase VRM power design to deliver high power efficiency and extreme overclocking ability for fully releasing the next generation CPU?s potential. Plus the high-quality power components guarantee a lower temperature for amazing stability and longer lifespan. :)

Rampage III Formula Specs are very similar, but only 1 LAN port, however more USB ports and some other extras not included with the P6X58D's. :thumbup1:
 
Back
Top