Hey guys, I wanted to make this Tut to show you how I make my most recent style of signature. To start off heres some examples of the style:
And here is the one we will be making today:
OK LETS GET STARTED!
Step 1: Find a good render!
I've blasted this fact to the community time after time, and ill say it again; YOUR RENDER MUST HAVE FLOW. If you dont know what flow is in a render....well look it up, its sig 101. :sneaky2:
Heres our render thats flowing with.....flow...
Pretty cool eh?
Step 2: Find some complementing colors!
Look at your render, find a color thats somewhat throughout entirely. For ours that would be teal. Nextly head over to http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=0 this is a WONDERFUL site that has a lot of color pallets that the community created. Ramble though the color schemes until you find a good looking one that has our color in it. For our render I chose this one:
Step 3: Start the sig!
Open PS, or what ever program you use. Then make a new doc, you can use any size really, I made this one something like 410x156. After, I took one of the darker blues and dumped it as the background. Then took the lightest blue and made a radial gradient. Then placed out render in. Results:
Step 4: Add those "thingys"!
Using the pen tool I made a bunch of thin wispy looking shapes I call "thingys". Using the pen tool can be hard, but if you master it, it will create wonderful things for you. I did them in varying sizes and colors to keep it looking different. Here is a look at how I shaped them and the result:
Do you see how the "thingys" complement the natural flow of the sig?!
Step 5: Moar thingys?!
Thats right, MORE! I used the green from the color scheme to make circles above and below her. Thats clutch, to make it seem as if shes surrounded by them. Also by making them dense around her then gradually getting smaller and further spaced as you go right, it complements the flow even more. Then I added some random lines to use the other really dark color. :/
Holy crap thats it....easy huh. All thats left now is to sharpen the entire pic then add a border. An optional step is to take a texture and clip it to one of the "thingy" layers. End result:
You can rip if you wana, but what would you learn from that?!

-'Kuya
And here is the one we will be making today:
OK LETS GET STARTED!
Step 1: Find a good render!
I've blasted this fact to the community time after time, and ill say it again; YOUR RENDER MUST HAVE FLOW. If you dont know what flow is in a render....well look it up, its sig 101. :sneaky2:
Heres our render thats flowing with.....flow...
Pretty cool eh?
Step 2: Find some complementing colors!
Look at your render, find a color thats somewhat throughout entirely. For ours that would be teal. Nextly head over to http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=0 this is a WONDERFUL site that has a lot of color pallets that the community created. Ramble though the color schemes until you find a good looking one that has our color in it. For our render I chose this one:
Step 3: Start the sig!
Open PS, or what ever program you use. Then make a new doc, you can use any size really, I made this one something like 410x156. After, I took one of the darker blues and dumped it as the background. Then took the lightest blue and made a radial gradient. Then placed out render in. Results:
Step 4: Add those "thingys"!
Using the pen tool I made a bunch of thin wispy looking shapes I call "thingys". Using the pen tool can be hard, but if you master it, it will create wonderful things for you. I did them in varying sizes and colors to keep it looking different. Here is a look at how I shaped them and the result:
Do you see how the "thingys" complement the natural flow of the sig?!
Step 5: Moar thingys?!
Thats right, MORE! I used the green from the color scheme to make circles above and below her. Thats clutch, to make it seem as if shes surrounded by them. Also by making them dense around her then gradually getting smaller and further spaced as you go right, it complements the flow even more. Then I added some random lines to use the other really dark color. :/
Holy crap thats it....easy huh. All thats left now is to sharpen the entire pic then add a border. An optional step is to take a texture and clip it to one of the "thingy" layers. End result:
You can rip if you wana, but what would you learn from that?!

-'Kuya
















