INS Technical issue

Dingopeach

I made one post
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
4
So this lovely Sunday morning I load up INS to kill some Grunts, when suddenly the error message appears on screen:
"Unable to verify Steam User ID, please restart" (or something similar to that)
I try this a couple times, including restarting steam and ultimately my PC, but the error still persists. The strange thing is that I haven't changed any settings of steam or INS or anything in Windows, and the game worked less than 24 hrs ago.
Anyone have any ideas? I was attempting to join the Dust2 Server @ 8am (Eastern Time) on 9/26

Thanks.
-Dingo
 
hmm i had something similar on Friday, I was on the firefight server, and suddenly i disconected and it said "Disconnected because Steam User ID could not be verrified" or something like that. I then rejoined and never got the problem again. I don't know how to fix your problem though, I'd say just keep trying to join :D
 
i had this this morning, to get rid of it exit out of steam, then go to your steam root folder and delete clientregirst.blob steam.dll and steamui.dll then re open steam it will download/creat these again then play away it should all be fin.
 
ya steam is starting to have alot more issues than needed. Try what Ice said. then verify and defrag the game
 
also had this yesterday
i deleted ins from steam and re downloaded.
worked ok for me then
 
I had to go in and delete the registry.blob and it worked fine for me then
 
Thanks guys, I did what Ice Hearted said and it worked fine! Unfortunately, as always, Dust2 was a noobfest, so I was senselessly killed numerous times upon leaving spawn by RPGs. So what else is new, eh?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top