- Problems with the servers-

Endorama

Active Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
360
As time goes on I have notice that connection problems have been occurring more and more over the last two weeks. Kalt is one of the main culprits... While Anzio has been suffering as well. Something needs to be done. We already are loosing players and this just adds insult to injury.
 
I agree.. Avalanche, the server I play the most on, Lags out for 25 seconds then crashes.. Sometimes 2 or 3 times A NIGHT. Lag spikes occur multiple times a day for the last few weeks.. and every 2 or 3 days there comes a night where it just straight up crashes so many times.

You know the first time the server crashes people always re join.. But after the 2nd or 3rd time in 2 hours, no one re joins for hours.. Sometimes after this happens it's me and a few more eGO members.. for a decent amount of time.

I'm not complaining as much as I'm making any leadership members that reads this post aware of how very bad the crashes and lag spikes are getting.

Also, I ask this question.. Anyone know what the direct cause of this is?
 
Last edited:
We've put in a support request for Kalt to be looked at right now, and will keep you guys posted from here out. This is the kind of stuff that needs Drop Boxed, because all of us can see it there. Just put in as much info as you have, and we'll pass that on to the right people.
 
Crashing

Hi,

My observations are the following for Kalt:

1. Connections are fine, after 2+ more join then the symptoms begin.

2. HLStatsX was working with only 3 people, then crashed. After I rejoined, they continued to show up with only me in the server. Could not replicate that one, but it did happen once.

3. Setting cl_timeout to anything higher than default resulted the same: eventual timeouts.

4. Sitting in spec and respawned as either side - same symptoms, 2+ join then crash.

5. Periodically, my latency would spike to over 2000, then subside. I suspected packet loss as I would skip massive distances from where I started stuttering.

The time this occurred most was today (Sept. 27th, 2010) around 7:20 - 7:30 MDT.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top