New router needed ASAP

Simon

Forum Legend
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jan 10, 2010
Messages
12,222
I have a bad belkin router currently that constantly needs restarting and the wirelesss keeps dropping.


I am going to Best buy tomorrow to get a new one. Can someone recommend one from bestbuy.ca ?


Thanks
 
Umm, I personally have been a fan of DLink. They last pretty long, are easy to configure, and have lots of useful configuration settings for almost any purpose.

I would probably recommend whatever you decide to go with, probably don't go to best buy. They tend to be overpriced, and don't have a good selection.
 
I have exactly the same. Mine is always dropping/needs restarting. It is painful and it makes me angry. Whatever you reccomend I am probally gonna get in the near future I need something new also
 
I have exactly the same. Mine is always dropping/needs restarting. It is painful and it makes me angry. Whatever you reccomend I am probally gonna get in the near future I need something new also

I've actually never had a problem with my router dropping or restarting randomly. I do have lots of problems with Comcast's cable modem, but the router automatically reconnects as soon as the cable modem comes back up!
 
Ok, so a friend of mine gave me this Linksys Wireless-G Router Model # WRT54G. Its 1 of Linksys' more dependable routers. I dont have a need for it cause I already have a newer Linksys router (when Cisco bought them out), & it does the main purpose. Hey iSimon, if you want it, let me know. If anything, just take care of the cost to ship it to ya & its yours. Its so outdated that I have no need for it. Just pm me if you're interested (or if you know of someone else who may be interested in it).
 
Don't know how much you want to spend but I've got a Netgear Dual Band Wireless N Enterprise router that is simply amazing. Currently running with two different secure networks, one wide open for myself and one choked down a bit for the neighbors(elderly couple using it solely for email).

Replaced a WRT54G that I passed along to a friend who was in need of something bad, can't say enough good things about that unit either if you decide to take pillar up on his offer. Spend 5 years working hard for me and almost a year now at my friends place.
 
I highly suggest getting a netgear router, stock it has more functions than most residential routers. I work for a small wireless ISP and we support most router types and have the least troubles with netgear routers. Belkin routers will give you the most troubles. Linksys routers are ok but if you lose power or have a small flicker it may go back to factory settings. Dlink routers arent bad either, they may crash causing you to have to reload the firmware but other than that they are pretty solid.
 
Dlink DIR-655. It has a long range, easy to configure, not too overpriced. its basically the Dlink 'Gamer' router except without the LCD. I have had it for 3 years not with no issues!
 
I'm going to look at a linksys because of their previous routers success. Netgear is a possibility also
 
This.

I love this router. If you play console games online, it takes two clicks to fix the NAT settings.

I settled for the E2000. Ill need that NAT setup help, if you could post how i'd appreciate it
 
Last edited:
the e2000 is running nicely so far, hopefully this ends my connection issues
 

Latest posts

Back
Top