Ze official "Bring back Kalt!" petition

Pick one (most applicable) if you want Kalt back

  • Kalt is pretty much the main reason why I am in eGO

    Points: 3 37.5%
  • I really enjoyed Kalt and miss it as well

    Points: 4 50.0%
  • I didn't play it all that often, but I agree it should return

    Points: 1 12.5%

  • Total voters
    8
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
We have a problem...and since the squeaky wheel gets the oil, it's time for us to speak up...

Kalt needs to come back. I know there is a large majority of us who love this map. "But why was it always empty?" you ask? Yeah yeah yeah, I've heard it before, but the simple fact of the matter is that our Kalt server attracted a LOT of talent, and so there were times where if there was just a few great players, and they were on the same team, games were landslides and there was a massive emptying of the server. All of the Kalt regulars know what I am talking about. However, things got rolling for a while if there were skilled players on each team to keep things going a while.

Seriously, every Kalt regular I have talked with, upon visiting another Kalt server, has realized that we might not have had the most popular Kalt server, but we definitely had the most talent-filled one, because visiting another server...you felt like everybody was playing with their monitor turned off. 15 minutes in, you're sitting there with 42 kills, 8 deaths and 10 "HAXX!" complaints.

Bring it back. Get rid of Argentan (hasn't been very popular thus far) or the Sniper Server (if you wanna talk about a server that never has people in it, THIS is the one you're thinking of). Don't say we just haven't given the new ones a chance, cause I have played Argentan a lot. Guess what? I still want Kalt back.

It was just plain better. You could go bridge, wheelhouse, or sewers. If one side was winning more, it was street, courtyard or sewers. Argentan...the middle is the middle. Left can see middle can see the right. It's pretty one-dimensional. Don't give me the "but the buildings!" argument cause you're gonna lose. It is far less dynamic than Kalt and we all know it.

(Kalt supporters: make sure to vote in the poll!)
 
Last edited:
I am, as you might have noticed, on strike. I have a bunch of cool forum thread ideas but I have halted them until Kalt is back. :)

Enjoy your boring forums, Kalt-haters!
 
Last edited:
I really enjoyed Kalt and miss it as well, i dident play it a lot but it was fun getting my ass kicked! ;p
 
Kalt is a fantastic map. I agree with YoSpankDawg. I would say get rid of Sniper server and keep Kalt.
 
Somewhere, ronpaul is rolled up in the fetal position, crying in the corner.
 
I like both maps.... but if I had to choose, Kalt =\
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top