Image file is corrupt??

SigmaMX

EGO Zealot
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
1,947
Hello everyone.

Here it is, your friendly mexican lawyer, bothering you again with one of my constant issues in CS:S


Im trying to import an image I just made as Spray.

Whenever I try to choose an image a box says "Cant load, Image File is Corrupt"

It happens with every single image I choose.

Any idea why the hell is this going on?

thanks in advance :D
 
Check the image size. There is a 256 x 256 pixel limit for jpg files. Not sure what it is for others.
 
:O eehm, il try using a 256x256 and see the results... thanks :D
 
Damn... i tried using a 256x256 image and still says "Image file is corrupt" and I saved it on .BMP...

Booo... T_T
 
Try saving it as a PNG file those are the ones that work for me.
 
Save it or convert it to .BMP

that's one of the formats that CS:S accepts, only .BMP worked for me

Wait you tried BMP???
 
Yes I tried JPG, TAG and BMP and the error remains, I think it has something to do about my language configuration, I downloaded again the game now im gonna try, thanks everyone for the suport <3..


.... Well that did not work either... F.... agh well if steam support doesnt help ill just forget it
 
Last edited:
maybe try putting the spray into your cstrike folder located at...(also try downloading one of the neat sprays on fpsbanana, i always liked the decoy sprays. :D)

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\yourname\counter-strike source\cstrike
 
I tried that as well

at cstrike
at VGUI
at Logos
at Screenshots

And the problem remains--- T_T

Thanks anyway :D
 
Yup I tried that as well and nothing... im starting to believe its my game files... thanks for the help!
 
I had the same problem not too long ago, strangely enough when I reformatted & reinstalled windows the problem was gone.

If you don't have access to another computer, google & see if there is a PC pub / cafe in your area, I love mapquesting stuff o..o or maybe a friend of yours would let you jam on his pc for a few minutes.. anyways it takes like 3 seconds to install steam and you could use photobucket to find your pics just be sure not to save your logins on the foreign computer. ofcourse unless you don't mind reinstalling windows :o I personally avoid it like the plague :x
 
Make it 512 x 512 and a tga...
If all else fails then just use another spray.
 
I have this problem all the time, for as long as I've been playing TF2. The only reliable method I've found is to convert the image to a Valve texture file and upload that way. The Valve wiki has more info on this, as well as a list of tools that will do the conversion for you.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top