Source games will not run.

DeadAimGunCon

Forum Fiend
=(eG)=
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
609
Alright so i was playing CSS and DOD and TF2 and INS and GMOD completely fine until one day when i launched CSS it started up, it showed the two ct's with their M4's and that's it. I couldn't alt tab out and close it from windows, i tried re-installing, restarting, launch commands, a lot of stuff. And when i tried to play everything else it wouldn't work! Only Left4Dead would work.

I'll post specs up in a bit
 
Any help at all? It just technically freezes at the main menu. All source engine games.
 
www.piriform.com <-----go there, download Ccleaner (it is free) and install. Run both portions of the program and report back. It is my belief that at times, Steams updates cause registry issues that need to be removed to fix the problems. Try Ccleaner and report back if its fixed. Also, if you havent, check for updates for your video drivers.

for Nvidia drivers, go here... http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

for AMD, go here..... http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Matt.
SP.
 
Last edited:
Try typing "-novid" in advanced user options. I'm having a similar problem with L4D2 (and it won't work there), but it worked for my HL2.
 
Okay i'll try re installing steam if all else fails.....and (a pet rock and Silent Predator) i don't have nVidia or AMD graphics cards....so do i still update them? And Okay thanks Silent i'll try ccleaner
 
Silent....how exactly do i use Ccleaner? And okay i'll try that launch command see if anything happens.
 
I don't know who did it, most likely PBJ and Silent Predator....but THANK YOU YOU TWO HELPED OUT THE MOST!!! It works great now :D And thank you everyone else for support.....this thread may be closed now.
 
I don't know who did it, most likely PBJ and Silent Predator....but THANK YOU YOU TWO HELPED OUT THE MOST!!! It works great now :D And thank you everyone else for support.....this thread may be closed now.

Yay! Glad to hear you've resolved it. :biggrin: "-novid" Is always the first thing I try when a game doesn't run. :P
 
Back
Top