Another CSS Jail Idea

I enjoy surf so if this is possible I would love to see it happen!
 
im not sure if the server uses the proper surf settings so for all I know, people may not be able to surf with the settings we have. Not too sure on that but id check before anyone decides to incorporate something like this into their maps.

Yep, you might need special settings, and I dunno if you could use them in only one or two areas in a map. Good idea, though!
 
Bhop would be so much easier too!

I would love for sv_airaccelerate to be at least 150+, 1000 is a bit overkill.
 
MY EYES THEY ARE BURNT! AAH! THIS TEXT IS ANNOYING!

Now that I'm done trolling, I like this idea. However, increasing the air accelerate promotes a lot more bhopping which can be annoying in jail and things like racing, where people who know how to bhop go faster no matter who starts first.
 
I love surfing, sounds like a good idea but would have to teach the noobies how to do it.
 
Even though I'm terrible at surfing, I think this is a decent idea if it can be executed. People might not like it at first giving that they don't know how to surf, but like maze, it will grow as they learn. Even though there are some stable defiances against this idea, you never know how far this might go. Keep on truckin' my friend. :)
 
Not a bad idea sounds kinda like that gorge thing on that one map! only problem is.... I'm AWFUL at surf xD
 
Even though I'm terrible at surfing, I think this is a decent idea if it can be executed. People might not like it at first giving that they don't know how to surf, but like maze, it will grow as they learn. Even though there are some stable defiances against this idea, you never know how far this might go. Keep on truckin' my friend. :)

Yea that's what I thinking and Sequal you could put a roof over race that stopped them bunnyhopping through it , But then why have a race like that when you have the surf one :)
 
That would be a great change. But our maps are all by certain mappers with certain styles, and I'm quite happy at the rountine at the moment.

If you look at leoban, that is a rebeller and warden's heaven.

There's easy race with this combination of movement, climb and surf

Hard race with maze, special movements, climb, moving throiugh water passsage things ... oh so unique.

It's got a DEATH RUN for god sakes. About 4 entrances into armoury, wide open map. Out door climbs, boats, dodgeball, skipping rope.

With secret primaries and secondary guns... and so much mroe.

When I think of jail back in the day, that is what I think of. If mappers could take some aspects of that map and apply their own style to it, it would be so awesome :)
 
When I think of jail back in the day, that is what I think of. If mappers could take some aspects of that map and apply their own style to it, it would be so awesome :)

Yeah I agree :)
 
Personally I love this idea, but problem is, like what people discussed about in front, sv_airaccelerate, I dont know how mapping works but that would be first problem, and second is that i've seen people not able to surf =/ (I am able to surf like a pro~).
So uhh before mappers make a map with a surfing race map, they should think about Ts complaining about how they cannot surf
 
I'll say it again

Yes we can change the air accelerate cvar, we can change any cvar using a map, but were not allowed to edit the jail servers cvars.
 
I'll say it again

Yes we can change the air accelerate cvar, we can change any cvar using a map, but were not allowed to edit the jail servers cvars.

I don't really get you....So you can make the Sv_airaccelerate work on that specific map?
 
I guess I'll have to start learning to how surf again =D
 
Back
Top