Asking before something goes wrong.

PloxBox

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,138
Alright, so im simon in a game of simon says, and i try to trick the t's by saying "Okay im bored, have fun"

If they move would they be killed considering, i never said simon says was over, or for them to move anywhere? Is that aloud, or should i not try it in jail?
 
"have fun" would indecate that you are alowing then to move, therefor you can not kill them after giveing the order.
 
I don't believe I've ever heard anyone end that game with a comment other than "simon says simon says is over" or "simon says is over" or something clear and deliberate to that effect.

Its sneaky, but I have way less of a problem with what you are asking about than most of the ridiculous orders I hear and tactics of delivering them that are used to weed Ts out. These are including, but not limited to: talking as fast as the micro machines guy and not repeating because "No one was talking over me, so you should have heard it" and making things either complicated or convoluted to the extent that its difficult to figure out in time, or perform in time, resulting in being shot. A lot of times, people have only seconds left on the timer to comply and a handful of wardens do that deliberately so someone might miss a beat figuring out what "shift walk out of your cell in a direction the opposite of forwards and do a one thousand and eighty degree turn counterclockwise by 5:04 and freeze" means when the warden finishes saying it at 5:06.

Once you know you are in a game of simon says, you should know that you aren't doing ANYTHING without hearing those two words first. Orders given in this game are identical to warden orders in that they are to be followed else you'll be shot, however, warden orders not including a simon says prefix are not valid (like text commands) until the game is over, signaled by a statement by the warden that the game has ended. He\she must make a statement that is clear and obvious to inform the Ts that he no longer is bound by a conveyance rule (simon says prefix) while whittling down their numbers.

Remember, Jail server rules, keep it fair. I think telling them to 'have fun' during simon says is.
 
Last edited:
Saying something like "Have fun" or "All T's shift-walk to climb" would, (with using our common knowledge that we learned in pre-school/kindergarten) indicate that Simon says is canceled even though you did not say "OK Simon says is over".
 
Last edited:
I understand the logic in that. My personal experience has shown me most wardens will indicate that it's over with a statement and not an order. I don't believe I've ever heard a normal warden command in the middle of that game. I believe they are, or should be, mutually exclusive.

Let's not forget, the point of these games is to reduce numbers. It's tricky, but, simon didn't say have fun. The biggest rule is be fair and I stand behind it that it is.


...somehow I feel like I'm gonna be the first person getting shot for this very same thing.. lol
 
Hah, thanks for telling me this , saved me from being revoked for freekilling a bunch of confused t's. I'll think of some other way to trick them.
 
When I play jail as a CT, I often forget "Simon Says is Over" right away, but I'll say something like, "Whoops, simon says is over, don't kill them!" Basically, just use your common sense. I wouldn't recommend doing this, as "have fun" is a DIRECTIONAL ORDER.

Thats just my two cents.
 
It is a valid question as any. I do not see the necessity to be rude/sarcastic/ironic with coo breeze.

I am beginning to think that people who have "eGO" on their tags are threating us like inferior-lings.
 
to be honest, if simon didnt say they could have fun, they shouldn't be allowed to move and have fun, if they move, they should be killed. Its about reducing numbers anyway, but thats my personal opinion.

Btw, i do follow the "if given a directional order, simon says is over" rule
 
Does anyone here ever say, "..have fun!"?

I hear, "free day", all the time, not the former.

Go ahead and use it on me. I won't complain of free killing. If admins consider it a directional order, I suggest it is used as such.

Simon thinks this horse is long since dead.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top