Adding a secondary G-Card

Skattles

Famous
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
542
I have an older Mobo with AGP slot that is filled and am wondering if i could put a G-card in the PCI Slot would it work. I went to bios and set for it to auto search for graphics card put it in and is not working so just wondering if there is a special thing i have to do to make it work or if its completely not possible.?
 
Unfortunately no, it will not work. They have to be the same exact card, and I believe multi cards are only supported by PCIe if my memory is correct. I remember that being a huge debate back then.
 
ok thanks for the info i figured :) im still trying to upgrade to better Mobo just building this one up to sell and help get a better one
 
if you're just looking for a dual screen deal, they sell converters (unfortunately you'll loose some functionality)
 
No Just the PCI Slot Card that i got is better than what i have and was just seeing if it would work the card i have in there now has duel screens.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top