My new Website

as said above, it still isnt very nice looking overall. the text is rather glossy and harsh too
The colours are going to be entirely removed except on the text, I work better if you have seen on darker pieces of work generalised around the sci-fi genre which is what you have probably seen in my signatures and my work. I'm sorry iSimon, but not everyone builds a website built on your art style.
The site itself is rather...unattractive. i find the colours ugly and it just looks bad overall. Your going to need to do a lot of work
First of all, extremely bad criticism. This isn't constructive. "The text is glossy?". That was on my updates list and was added in purposefully, it's not a design error on my part, iSimon. This website is not harsh, it's a blend of a metal theme, this is a harsh website design:
picture-1.png

I haven't seen you ever have a website, since when did you become an expert to my thread.
If you want to give me criticism, give me a place where I need to work on and how you think I should work on it, not give me "It's rather unattractive". Because to translate it into basic english, you're simply saying "I don't like it", which is absolutely useless to me and my work. Saying "I don't like it", without generally explaining why is narcissistic, I can understand if it's like the example shown above but when it isn't and work has clearly been put into it then I don't see why you should be like that.
tl;dr?
If you've got an ego that can't seem to grasp that not everyone designs what you want, then leave.

[/rant]
 
you should change the title/sidebar text up since they are too close the the background colour at the top part of the gradient.

and work on making the page more optimized and efficient it is loading a lot of images it doesn't need too right off the bat you could change to a CSS layout instead of a table based layout which would make a lot of things much more efficient. and would allow you to make new parts of the page use existing styles so creating new pages and content will be much faster once you get a CSS theme written.
 
you should change the title/sidebar text up since they are too close the the background colour at the top part of the gradient.

and work on making the page more optimized and efficient it is loading a lot of images it doesn't need too right off the bat you could change to a CSS layout instead of a table based layout which would make a lot of things much more efficient. and would allow you to make new parts of the page use existing styles so creating new pages and content will be much faster once you get a CSS theme written.
Alright, next weekend I'll recode the tables to divs so it'll be much better, also better for the theme!
 
eurocracy, I'd suggest (after converting to divs), to keep the golden rule of themes:

2 main colors, and an maximum of 1 optional color that compliments both main colors

so you could have white(for text):dark grey(for wrapper div):and light gray complimenting(for body/navigation/header/etc.)

Ditch the bright steel gray you have for navigation and definitely ditch the dark blue in the body of your page.

You should keep the blue trim on the text, IF you absolutely need to.

But just doing those minor adjustments will make your site much sharper looking.

The only other minor adjustment you should make is to completely black out the rounded corners of your PNG side images so they match the shade of the dark shadows casting off the body of the page. This will bring a much more professional look to your site.

Other than that, the site looks pretty neat. I'm excited to see what the finished product will be. Keep up the work, passion is everything in this business!:)
 
Alright, next weekend I'll recode the tables to divs so it'll be much better, also better for the theme!

you can also cut down on your image sizes after you do that since like the gradients on the main content box current the image for the gradient is 30ishpx wide and the whole page high you can actually make it just 30x1 and have it repeat on the y-axis in the class for it.

though that might be harder for you since it looks like you just made it with slices from image editor instead of codeing the page and making images when you need them.
 
Last edited:
The colours are going to be entirely removed except on the text, I work better if you have seen on darker pieces of work generalised around the sci-fi genre which is what you have probably seen in my signatures and my work. I'm sorry iSimon, but not everyone builds a website built on your art style.

First of all, extremely bad criticism. This isn't constructive. "The text is glossy?". That was on my updates list and was added in purposefully, it's not a design error on my part, iSimon. This website is not harsh, it's a blend of a metal theme, this is a harsh website design:
picture-1.png

I haven't seen you ever have a website, since when did you become an expert to my thread.
If you want to give me criticism, give me a place where I need to work on and how you think I should work on it, not give me "It's rather unattractive". Because to translate it into basic english, you're simply saying "I don't like it", which is absolutely useless to me and my work. Saying "I don't like it", without generally explaining why is narcissistic, I can understand if it's like the example shown above but when it isn't and work has clearly been put into it then I don't see why you should be like that.
tl;dr?
If you've got an ego that can't seem to grasp that not everyone designs what you want, then leave.

[/rant]
oh ho, you have not seent he worst

http://yvettesbridalformal.com/
 
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn285/Kimimarus_Daughter/100_0369.jpg

my proof sir, my certificate for passing the certification test =P

More pics of it

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn285/Kimimarus_Daughter/100_0368.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn285/Kimimarus_Daughter/100_0366.jpg

edit: Excuse the poor quality, i have very shakey hands, hopefully its legible

i don't really find certs to mean much if i was going to employ someone it say nothing of experience or quality of work.

but also if i was going to get someone to make a site and not do it myself i would want them to know more than me and that would be steep since they would need html, css, php, javascript and some python.
a
i general find sites made with a wysiwyg like dreamwheaver to not be as effcient and very limiting since you cant make web applications with a wysiwyg and really cant due proper css either.

but i guess it get the job done fast for a page with pretty static content so it is not all cons.

if your looking for work in web devlopmeant try to get your hand dirty in a lot projects so you got stuff to show who people of the kinda work you are capable of and try to pick up some php or JS but first make sure you know html/css inside out since for more dynamic pages you will be using php to compose html.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for wanting to slap me when I want to help you.
Next time, learn some basic HTML before posting a thread like this.

I have made over 10 websites for various companies and corporations using HTML, PHP, and other types of coding (including CMS's)

It's possible to center div tags, i've done it before, I would help you, but now I won't. And next time, when you make a thread and everyone says your site is bad and trys to help you improve, don't take offense like it's your first born child. /learnsomehtml

And btw, the color scheme is absolute garbage.

if your so good with code why would you want to center using xml tags wouldn't centring the wrapper div with it's class or ID rule in the layout file make more sense.

everyone needs to learn at sometime

<dont be a dick about it>

ps oh i can look like i know what im doing by putting random html/xml tags in my post too.

</dont be a dick about it>
 
Last edited:
i don't really find certs to mean much if i was going to employ someone it say nothing of experience or quality of work.

but also if i was going to get someone to make a site and not do it myself i would want them to know more than me and that would be steep since they would need html, css, php, javascript and some python.
a
i general find sites made with a wysiwyg like dreamwheaver to not be as effcient and very limiting since you cant make web applications with a wysiwyg and really cant due proper css either.

but i guess it get the job done fast for a page with pretty static content so it is not all cons.

if your looking for work in web devlopmeant try to get your hand dirty in a lot projects so you got stuff to show who people of the kinda work you are capable of and try to pick up some php or JS but first make sure you know html/css inside out since for more dynamic pages you will be using php to compose html.
WYSIIWYG editors should only be used for quick viewing of finished code ( which is what I did).
It's simply very good to see the finished result with one click and be able to edit code and see the result in realtime using the split screen part. But besides that I avoid using the WYSIWYG parts if I can.
 
Last edited:
you can also cut down on your image sizes after you do that since like the gradients on the main content box current the image for the gradient is 30ishpx wide and the whole page high you can actually make it just 30x1 and have it repeat on the y-axis in the class for it.

though that might be harder for you since it looks like you just made it with slices from image editor instead of codeing the page and making images when you need them.
The content boxes are going to be remodelled with some brushed metal to match the theme soon and then they will be 1 solid image for the content area, which will mean for the main layout only 3 div tags, also it will fit with the theme :D
 
WYSIIWYG editors should only be used for quick viewing of finished code ( which is what I did).
It's simply very good to see the finished result with one click and be able to edit code and see the result in realtime using the split screen part. But besides that I avoid using the WYSIWYG parts if I can.

ya i dont even use one for that

i do all my coding in GVIM than just view it in opera on my 2nd screen as i go.
 
Okay, DONE!
Update:
Optimised entire site, rebuilt form scratch using div tags, no more messy tables.
CSS file separate.
JS file separate.
Metal background added to text areas.
ya i dont even use one for that

i do all my coding in GVIM than just view it in opera on my 2nd screen as i go.
What's GVIM O.o
 
Okay, DONE!
Update:
Optimised entire site, rebuilt form scratch using div tags, no more messy tables.
CSS file separate.
JS file separate.
Metal background added to text areas.

What's GVIM O.o

the best text editor ever made in my opinion it's not very common with windows users but it is used a lot with unix setups in both the console version vim and the gui version gvim
 
the best text editor ever made in my opinion it's not very common with windows users but it is used a lot with unix setups in both the console version vim and the gui version gvim
I used to use NotePad++ for websites, ever used that?
 
yes i prefer vim better keyboard navigation and more customizable and efficient.

and it helps that it is already on most linux servers
 

Latest posts

Back
Top