DOD:S Realism Story

Is this good?

  • Yes

    Points: 13 86.7%
  • No

    Points: 2 13.3%

  • Total voters
    15

eurocracy

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
2,824
I got bored, okay? So I felt like writing, it's like a hobby.

DoD Realism
So I lay there, deep in the undergrowth that hid me from the sky above me. For I was afraid amongst my comrades, as they were too. My BAR was held close to me, on its last clip and half of the bullets in that clip were already squandered on the treacherous enemies. With already a bullet wound in me, I began to crawl away from the bodies and back towards our last flag. Rounds were screaming over my head as I approached my base, yelling at our machine gunner not to shoot me. He gave a shaky nod and let me crouch behind the sandbags, indeed weakened. I rested there a while, until the assault came.

The machinegun fire came screeching back into action, the bullets pounding into walls as the operator attempted to control it, even in its mounted state. By then I had already used all my medical kits to cover up my wounds. There was a yell and a thud as the machinegun operator next to me hit the ground, blood seeping from his head. Clearly a sniper had picked him off. I scrambled for his weapon, scrambling over his body, unnaturally cold now as I put my hand around the firearm. I tried to lift it first with one hand, but it proved too heavy. With the second hand I hoisted off the ground and into my arms, I stood up to face the opposition.

In front of me was Sumac, gripping a STG-44 hard in his hands and whirling it towards me with extreme precision. I had no choice but to simply fire the weapon, not knowing what the outcome would be. The bullets rippled through the air and a few hit him, knocking him to the ground with a heavy bang, seeming incredibly loud to me. I dropped my weapon in shock a second later and dived back behind the sandbags, now left with an empty pistol and my hands. So I jumped over the sandbags in a hurry and grabbed the STG-44, quickly moving to another row of sandbags where the fighting was not as dense.

There was more people hurrying out of our arrival grounds, tomi87 and BL4SPH3MY ran out at my side, these were veterans, not recruits like me. I was surprised they even noticed me, even more shocked when they told me to come with them. I was thrown an ammunition case, I caught it and ran after them, hurrying to drop the last clip and load in another from the case. We stormed through a colossal hole in a rather damaged house and entered the building; tomi87 quickly shot the only opponent with a burst from his rather new Thompson SMG. The main entrance of the building lead to a flag directly in front of it, captured by the Wehrmacht.

I was quite startled in excitement and sprinted towards it, only to see tomi87 get into the doorway and block my path instantly. He shook his head and threw a grenade onto the flag, pushing me away from the doorway as yells and calls came in German as the grenade detonated. We rushed out as soon as it had gone off, quickly mobilising to dispatch the Wehrmacht soldiers outside. There was a retreating machinegun operator; if tomi87 had not stopped me he would have killed me instantly. In my rage I opened fire with my STG-44 on the fleeing man, hitting him in the back and knocking him to the floor
.
Tomi87 and BL4SPH3MY had each taken out an enemy apiece, though BL4SPH3MY had picked up a live enemy grenade and was starting to throw it away. He had no idea how long it was going to last, unfortunately for him that was his fatal flaw. It detonated in his hand, causing him to hit the floor and cough as the shrapnel dug into his chest, tomi87 simply walked over to him and shot him, putting him out of his pain with a grim look on his face. He turned me away and we began to move out again, there would not be peace until the Wehrmacht was destroyed. He tore off the Wehrmacht flag from the flagpole, slipping on an Allied flag from his backpack before moving on in a hurry.

There was another flag atop a ruined tank, it was our next objective and no Wehrmacht soldiers were in view, they had run off to take our first point and were not aware that we would be assaulting this one. We ran into position and tom87 repeated the action with the flag, clambering off the top of the tank and giving me thumbs up. He ran off towards the Wehrmacht’s second flag, and then a massive boom rippled through the air, vibrating and causing tomi87 to fall. I whirled around to where the noise was coming from, a sniper slowly loading another bullet into the rifle chamber; I gave a yell of pure rage and unleashed my entire clip into him. The murderer fell, and I was alone.

Their second flag was in sight, I took it using the action tomi87 had done on the other two flags without any trouble, but then footsteps appeared around the other flag; a Wehrmacht soldier ran out and unleashed a spray of bullets at me. I fell back and appeared dead, yet I was not, not yet. As the soldier came towards me to check if I was alive, I pulled out my knife and jumped up at him, plunging it into him and dropping him to the ground. My weapon was lost, and his was broken in the fall. The only thing he had of use on him was a grenade. More footsteps got louder and began coming closer to me.

It was an act of heroism; I pulled the pin from the Wehrmacht grenade and ran around the corner, throwing it onto the floor in front of around six soldiers. It was directly under the flagpole. I swapped the flag for ours and held there a moment, bullets punching through my body. I fell as the grenade detonated, killing the enemy soldiers and winning us this land, it was a brave conquer, and one that would be remembered.
 
Last edited:
yeah i was gonna read . . . but it looked like a wall so I stopped (ok I am leaving for texas in 10mins, so thats why)
 
Not really the best. at some parts it's so seriously dramatic it's funny.. But it isn't Bad. =D
 
Well, it was only meant to be a quick 1000 word story.


I know but at some parts it's just a bit over dramatic.. Doesn't quite match a Realistic tone. =P

But I'm just honest my dude. It's good, I just mention things that cross my mind.. like what excerpts I would think need improvement and such.

Constructive criticism is one thing that builds improvement!

It is very well written though. =]
 
Last edited:
I know but at some parts it's just a bit over dramatic.. Doesn't quite match a Realistic tone. =P

But I'm just honest my dude. It's good, I just mention things that cross my mind.. like what excerpts I would think need improvement and such.

Constructive criticism is one thing that builds improvement!

It is very well written though. =]
Yeah, you're completely right. I find myself always writing things in an overdramatic tone that never seizes to stop the drama. Even in a funny moment which happens in my novels the dramatic thing doesn't stop XD
 

Latest posts

Back
Top