Input?

Storan

Rookie
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
31
I feel like making a map when I am bored and I find it quite fun to do, however this is my first map that I think i'll complete (even though I don't expect servers to have it in their rotation). Anyway, heres a screenie.

sdkpic-1.png


the inside of the cells are white with beds
edit: I added a roof with a hole in the middle, lighting is about the same but sky is less distracting
 
Last edited:
If your new to mapping you should learn more about the editor before diving straight into jail maps as they are complicated.

From what I can see in your screen your Walls are very thin you should keep your Walls to atleast 8 units thick unless your doing detail.
 
im not new to mapping, ive made several incomplete maps before, I usually don't finish them because I loss interest.

I dont quite understand what walls your talking about. most of the walls at 5 units wide, but the cell walls are 3 units and the walls that enclose the room are 10 units i think. why should they be 8 units?
 
Keeping in multiples of 8 is very helpful because of prop sizes and etc and making finer details easier to create also Walls under 8 units of thickness do not look very good.
 
Last edited:
i shall take that into consideration :)

right now I'm trying to figure out how to make curved or rounded walls without making tons of separate blocks and angling them, do you know of any methods?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top