GRRR Steam Updates!

Annihilator

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
3,034
Why is it everytime I can actually get on and play, DOD has to have a critical update that will not allow me to play until its done!!!! I dont want to wait 1 hr and 36 minutes!!!! I havn't been able to even play Half Life 2 cause I need some update for that and it won't even let me open it in offline mode!!!

If I don't get high speed internet soon, I am gonna lose it!!!
 
Why is it everytime I can actually get on and play, DOD has to have a critical update that will not allow me to play until its done!!!! I dont want to wait 1 hr and 36 minutes!!!! I havn't been able to even play Half Life 2 cause I need some update for that and it won't even let me open it in offline mode!!!

If I don't get high speed internet soon, I am gonna lose it!!!

I think I speak for everyone when I say...

YES, YOU DO :scared:
 
I havent seen o.0 wait there was a update last night or the day before i believe.. lol. it was like 3 MB or somethin
 
Alright so now I got the steam update done!!! Now there is a 101 MB update for DOD!!!!!! Good news is I already got 60 MB of it started already. :rolleyes"
 
Ever consider DoD:s may have such a large update because you haven't played? I mean, you said yourself you don't play often.. So it's probably catching up on what you've missed.

Mystery solved.
 
Ever consider DoD:s may have such a large update because you haven't played? I mean, you said yourself you don't play often.. So it's probably catching up on what you've missed.

Mystery solved.


Well I played a month ago, just after the last update that took me weeks to download.

I mean how much can you update a game that is more than 5 yrs old??:facewall:
 
Well I played a month ago, just after the last update that took me weeks to download.

I mean how much can you update a game that is more than 5 yrs old??:facewall:

haha, yeah, it's mostly engine updates to the orangebox and unfortunately they don't do a whole lot for the game

I can't believe you don't get satellite or anything. Do you have any cell towers out that way? Even a USB 3G stick would get better rates than what you're downloading at
 
Still hunting for a broadband internet provider?.....

And to answer your question, yes there will always be an important update waiting. I predict that the next one will hit next wednesday!
 
We had an update....? Well my updates usually take about 30min+ tops. But that kind of sucks for you especially when you a Time Limit.
 
Anni my heart bleeds for you, if you do manage to get on you wont be running around the sewers any more , we are all in tears.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top