PC (Blue Screen) and failed to re-install windows

Mr.President

Thread Junky
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
887
Alright, so I've been getting a blue screen of death, I re-installed the driver, reset the bios/cmos, I tried re-installing my legitimate copy of Win 7, It does not install... :(

It finishes unpacking but when It restarts, It doesn't work anymore. I re-installed win 7 because I assumed that It was a virus, apparently It's a hardware error, so what could not well installed? thanks.

PC SPECS:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 x4 @ 3.42 GHZ
GFX: ATI, Asus 5770 @ 1024 mb
RAM memory: DDr3 1333 (1X2GB)
Mobo: Forgot :p (It's a gigabyte AM3 one tho)
 
Ye, the HDD is fully empty and It's failing to install, I should try linux?
Not if you have a legitimate copy of windows 7, no. Sure you haven't tried overclocking anything in your BIOS that could have broken it? Try installing on another hard drive?
Also go check your hardware status in your BIOS, if anything isn't giving data through properly, it's probably broken.
 
Try booting with only one stick of ram, to see if one (or both) is bad.
 
Try booting with only one stick of ram, to see if one (or both) is bad.

not the ram, I only use 1 stick, I tried both, in different slots.

Not if you have a legitimate copy of windows 7, no. Sure you haven't tried overclocking anything in your BIOS that could have broken it? Try installing on another hard drive?
Also go check your hardware status in your BIOS, if anything isn't giving data through properly, it's probably broken.

I have a legitimate windows 7 home copy, I've tried overclocking a while ago, but I reseted the CMOS through the motherboard, using the jumper.

I'll google how to check hardware status, thanks :)
 
You'd need something installed. I don't know if HDDs have a command prompt without having an OS installed.
But you just type in "chkdsk C: /R /F"
Hm. Yes, you'd need Windows installed first, then start up in Safe mode with command prompt. If you can't do that, then you might have to get a new harddrive.
 
You'd need something installed. I don't know if HDDs have a command prompt without having an OS installed.
But you just type in "chkdsk C: /R /F"
Hm. Yes, you'd need Windows installed first, then start up in Safe mode with command prompt. If you can't do that, then you might have to get a new harddrive.

xD

I can't install windows, that's another problem I'm facing :(
 
Well then. Try using a different harddrive? What are you on now? A laptop? Try popping it out, then putting it on your desktop. lol It sounds crazy, I know, but I've done it before.
 
Well then. Try using a different harddrive? What are you on now? A laptop? Try popping it out, then putting it on your desktop. lol It sounds crazy, I know, but I've done it before.

I'm on the home computer, well, It's pretty good for gaming but I'd rather play with my personal computer. :)
 
I'm on the home computer, well, It's pretty good for gaming but I'd rather play with my personal computer. :)

Ah. Okay.
Unplug your harddrive from your computer, plug it into the home computer, then run a disk check on it. What OS is it? I think you can just right click on the drive, then go to properties and fight "repair" or something under the tool tab.
 
Ah. Okay.
Unplug your harddrive from your computer, plug it into the home computer, then run a disk check on it. What OS is it? I think you can just right click on the drive, then go to properties and fight "repair" or something under the tool tab.

Windows 7.

So I will be using multiple harddrives? I can't do this today though, I'll do this tomorrow and give you the results, thanks. I need to get it fixed before the hallowen DOD:S event ^^
 
Windows 7.

So I will be using multiple harddrives? I can't do this today though, I'll do this tomorrow and give you the results, thanks. I need to get it fixed before the hallowen DOD:S event ^^

Yes.
And to do the disk check, follow these instructions.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top