Ventrilo via mobiles info

Turk

Famous
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
569
Hello everybody
Some of our members connecting ventrilo via smartphones such as iPhone, HTC, samsung etc. Currently iPhone 4 and Android support Ventrilo ports. If you have a Nokia smartphone such as n8, n900 it's now possible. I have been working hours and hours to make it work and still having library installation problems but i got it functioning.

If you have a Nokia smartphone (preferably Maemo OS) you can install EasyDebian (requires min. 2.5 G space) and install "Mangler" on it. Before installing Mangler make sure you install libraries below:

libspeex: http://www.speex.org/downloads/
libgsm: http://www.quut.com/gsm/
gtkmm: http://www.gtkmm.org/download.shtml
libpulse: http://www.pulseaudio.org
libasound: http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Download
librsvg: http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/download/
libxosd: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libxosd/
g15tools: http://www.g15tools.com/
espeak: http://espeak.sourceforge.net/
dbus-glib bindings: http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-glib/
celt: http://www.celt-codec.org/

To install Mangler type the Linux-Debian commands in EasyDebians terminal:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libgtkmm-2.4-dev libpulse-dev \
libgsm1-dev libspeex-dev librsvg2-common libasound-dev \
libespeak-dev libusb-dev libg15daemon-client-dev libg15-dev \
libg15render-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev libxosd-dev libcelt-dev

---------------------------------------------------------

PS. Please write if you are using ventrilo on a smartphone.

Turk....
 
That is a really long process..... Im hoping its easier than that on the Android since im getting one in a few weeks.
 
What about Iphone.. should I also install all that for Iphone or there is a app for it maybe ?
 
That is a really long process..... Im hoping its easier than that on the Android since im getting one in a few weeks.

Actually, I have the Galaxy S and Mangler is available on Android. Which means that you can (and I have) connected to our Ventrilo server from my phone. I don't have unlimited bandwidth though, so its kind of useless if not on WiFi as it uses up a decent amount when connected/talking.

What about Iphone.. should I also install all that for Iphone or there is a app for it maybe ?

There is already an app for the iPhone that lets you talk, you need to have a mic if your using an iPod Touch though. Here's the link to the app: Ventaphone. Sad thing is that its not free, looks like a good app nonetheless.
 
Last edited:
That is a really long process..... Im hoping its easier than that on the Android since im getting one in a few weeks.
it is
Go to app store
Get mangler
Type in the server info

Done.

The above is only for a certain type of phone.
 
now android has mangler and ventriloid. ventriloid mostly forces close or crush on big servers. I recommend mangler and go to settings check the "force 8ghz". it will help you a lot for crashing issues. remember, it will also drain your battery.
 
Back
Top