a bit dissapointed

Nomad.

Active Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
251
I'll start by saying tonight in our Flash server there was one player in particular , [CIA]Mr. X {Legendary} that was constantly using foul language in the server.

Example, dropping "F bombs" and a f*g,sh*t ,b*tch mixed in here and there.

The server was full of pubs and three of my fellow =(e)= members.

I politely asked him not to swear as this is a "pg" server . As you might guess a few minutes went by and the language continued .

Again i asked him to please read our server rules (MOTD) this time no response from him. This happened again (third time) and i decided to post on it as follows...

Now, the part that is disappointing to me is the fact that not one of the other =(e's)= had anything to say to reinforce the "code of conduct ...in other words , no backup.

This is not how we represent =(eGO)= and it looked bad that one out of what turned out to be four =(e)= members not counting myself , made a move to stop the offensive language.

I want all =(e's)= to read the code of conduct here http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/cmps_index.php?pageid=conduct . When your done reading it , read it again! Especially the first paragraph after the 13th rule.

Nomad.
 
hey nomad.,

Thanks for helping to keep our servers the best around. It is our members that creates the kind of atmosphere that we want to foster and embrace.

With that said, I suggest that you add eG's and eGO's to your steam friend's. Furthermore, we would love to see you on vent. Doing these two things will ensure that you have access to admins when necessary that can handle these type of situations.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me.
 
I personally tell them that swearing is not permitted, I don't warn them. If they don't listen, I call one of the admins in my friends list. :)

Just make sure that you don't threaten them or anything similar to that.
 
Last edited:
i play with vent open usually if anything to grab an admin out of a room somewhere for backup. I have seen this not only on DoD but also in the CS servers as well. I understand CS is a rougher kind of crowd but no one really speaks up. I only had to grab an admin twice last week as most when i ask to be careful of the language apologized and even if they slipped up again immediately apologized and i never had anymore trouble with them.

So think of this. How many pubs come in and hang on the server, hear guys harassing and talking crap and dont want to deal with it and move on. when all it takes sometimes is an =e= to ask politely to mind the rules?

I think =e='s feel they have no responsibility sometimes. but with that clan tag attached to your name pubs dont know your not admin. by you speaking up you set an example. also we should back each other up when you do get that one hard-case busting an =e='s chops. don't get hardcore back. just help your clanmate find an admin to get rid of the guy.

I feel yah Nomad. It can be frustrating, but keep setting the example out there bro. even to your peers.
 
I'm always in vent even if DAK and i have had an occasion to grab an admin and know that option is always open;)
As far as engaging in arguments or threatening a player , i understand that is against our code of conduct...thanks, now lets do some shoot'in .


Nomad.
 
Yeah, you didn't do anything wrong, I think you did the right thing..

Hopefully, you'll get the (G) soon and don't have to worry about this issue :)
 
Find me, i always around in the area during the week and some weekends. except late nights thats when the fun starts haha. :P

D3S3RTSH13LD is my user name for steam.
 
Nomad feel free to add me on steam whenever you like. If I'm online and you need help go ahead and message me and I'm there.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top