Antec Lanboy Air

It's been out for a while.

It looks alright, I guess. The concept is cool, but when it's in practice, I don't think having 15 fans on right next to you would be quiet. o.o
 
yeah saw this on newegg the other day, pretty interesting concept if you ask me. If it were a full tower i might be interested :P
 
From my reading, it looks like the case is mainly for overclocking kinda people, but it also takes and extra step towards case management, all kinds of places to hide cables, but for $200 im not sure if its a great deal, great case imo
 
Evidence #1 that Antec is OP.

I'm from the "you get what you pay for" camp, at least in most situations. I've certainly obtained expensive things for great deals like we all have.

The nice thing about that case is that it isn't of rigid FORM, it IS of rigid construction. Its a modular case, it hides cables, it promotes airflow. You may even have to clean it more often, but most of us could use the extra encouragement to actually break down our towers and clean them. Maybe even reapply some thermal paste to a few surfaces. Heck, take a look at the wiring routing and\or component configuration and try something new to improve cooling.

I think this case would do that for most people. I'd certainly enjoy owning. The only reason I have yet to shell out $200 for it yet is because I have other things to pay for first. Don't forget kids, it's just money ;)
 
yea its just money but the "bang for buck" value of this case i think could be better, i can get practicly all the same features for about half the price lol, but the only thing that would make me purchase is the fact that i overclock everything hard whether or not it needs it, and this case looks like it would let any trapped heat out of the case which is a big plus
 
yea its just money but the "bang for buck" value of this case i think could be better, i can get practicly all the same features for about half the price lol, but the only thing that would make me purchase is the fact that i overclock everything hard whether or not it needs it, and this case looks like it would let any trapped heat out of the case which is a big plus

I like it in terms of its ability to allow components to radiate nearly uninhibited versus radiating heat inside an enclosure.

The pro to that is obvious. Moving, ambient air can carry that heat away.

The con is that both inner and outer case atmosphere are identical. Within an enclosure, the case has the ability have a controlled intake\exhaust system. The pressurization afforded by having walls\floor\ceiling allows that system to function at a higher rate of speed, the only question being whether the flow of air is cooling as many components as there are before becoming exhaust.

The fans in a case that open seem like they are just moving any old air, rather than having that controlled flow and available pressure differentials that come with a complete enclosure.

However, I'm sure if this thing couldn't keep components cool, it wouldn't have made it to the market. At least, not with its current identity and selling points.
 
I'm from the "you get what you pay for" camp, at least in most situations. I've certainly obtained expensive things for great deals like we all have.

The nice thing about that case is that it isn't of rigid FORM, it IS of rigid construction. Its a modular case, it hides cables, it promotes airflow. You may even have to clean it more often, but most of us could use the extra encouragement to actually break down our towers and clean them. Maybe even reapply some thermal paste to a few surfaces. Heck, take a look at the wiring routing andor component configuration and try something new to improve cooling.

I think this case would do that for most people. I'd certainly enjoy owning. The only reason I have yet to shell out $200 for it yet is because I have other things to pay for first. Don't forget kids, it's just money ;)

I'm not saying it's a bad case, I'm just saying the rent is too damn high. For the same price, you could get a HAF X, which could easily house watercooling.
Thermal paste only goes under heatsink. It's meant to eliminate the microscopic gaps between the sink's base and the CPU/GPU/whatever.
I didn't find the case's interior all the intuitive, minus the air mounts (or whatever they're calling them.) There didn't really seem to be much else going on with the motherboard tray (in terms of cable management.)

All of that being said, I still wouldn't mind dinking around with one. It'd make a good review. :P
 
Back
Top