Cell Phone Help? Click here if you need it.

Yet you still love Apple? Can I ask why?

Didn't notice the s?

Apple...s... = Apples. The delicious fruit? xD

My iPod is out of warranty. I got a 6 month warranty on it, so it's expired. They'll charge me for anything.

I suck at soldering, so I'll probably ruin it if I try to replace the battery myself anyways.

If anyone can find a way for me to go back to the 3.1.X Firmware, would be great. Currently have 4.1 with no SHSH blobs saved via Cydia, so jailbreak method is out of the question.
 
WOW really sorry everyone, my notifcations broke and I thought the thread died!

Bookmarking this now, responses within the next few days!
 
Awesome, love this post. Should be stickied or something. xD

I do need help with mine however, so here goes:

Cell Phone Make and Model: Sony Ericcson Equinox
How long have you had the phone: A few months.
What carrier do you have: T-Mobile
What's your issue: Unable to recieve calls/texts. For example, someone will call me and hear the connecting tone, but my phone never rings or gives any indication that a call was recieved. Also, text messages are delayed for some time. I think the longest delay was like 2 days later I recieved a message. I contacted T-Mobile and they thought it was my battery, so they sent me a new one. Unfortuanately, the problem still persists. I believe it has something to do with my SIM, as I switched into an older phone model (the Ericson broke; water damage) and the problems continue to happen.
When did it start: Immediately
What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred: The phone lags a lot. Takes about 20 seconds to open a menu.
What symptoms was your device experiencing: Phone lag and unable to recieve/send calls and texts.
What troubleshooting have you done already: Obtained a new battery, switched to and older phone model, factory reset, and called T-Mobile several times for possible replacement SIM (unable).

Wow, that's a lot. -.- Thanks for the help though!

@ Vexx

First and foremost, your problem isn't with the phone itself, it's not your battery or your SIM card either. A new battery will do nothing for this issue other than...providing some new juice. That is probably one of the worst resolutions I have seen. :facewall:

Unfortunately your problem is pretty common. Delays in service is usually something to do with the network.

Recommendation:

Ask your carrier how to update your preferred roaming list. You usually have to call an automated system to complete it.

Usually that will fix the problem.

Let me know how it goes
;)
 
Cell Phone Make and Model:
LG Xenon
How long have you had the phone:
Around a year
What carrier do you have:
AT&T
What's your issue:
Can't send messages to people, I even compared it to my mom's iPhone. When I send a text on the phone, it shows that it is sent and it never shows up on her phone. I have also tried it with several of my friends phones, too no avail.
When did it start:
Around 3 months ago
What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred:
None at all
What symptoms was your device experiencing:
Nothing out of the ordinary
What troubleshooting have you done already:
I compared the texting with several different phones (and models) and it shows on my phone the text is sent, but none of the phones I sent my text too ever get into their inbox.
Additional Info:
I don't know why it does this, but any fix I would love to hear.


Thank you ^_^
 
@Angeli

- sorry, the iPod touch is not something I would be able to help with.

-Protege
 
Last edited:
hey cool thread :)

Cell Phone Make and Model:
LG Xenon
How long have you had the phone:
maybe 6 months? Not sure, I had it replaced, twice.
What carrier do you have:
AT&T
What's your issue:
When I touch the bottom of the screen everything turns white-ish and the screen starts flickering
When did it start:
about a month ago
What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred:
When I got it it would flash before I got a text, also it took me to a screen with no content on it after sending a text. I had to lock/unlock the keyboard to get out of that.
What symptoms was your device experiencing:
Not sure what else to say here
What troubleshooting have you done already:
Err.... I tried turning it off? lol
Additional Info:
none that I can think of.

Thanks again!

@ ModusPwnens

Ouch, that is not sounding like it is a very healthy phone at all...

My Recommendation Find a way to back up your contacts, before your screen goes completely kaput!

Then, take your charger and take your phone. Plug your phone into the charger. Take the battery out of your phone while it is in the charger. Hold down your power button for 10 seconds. Remove your phone from the charger, put your battery back in.

In the future, if you are having the same issue, just remove the battery.

But honestly...you need to get a replacement phone from your carrier. Call AT&T from another phone, tell them your phone has a flickering screen and sometimes the display flashes white. They will most likely send you a refurbished phone, but it will probably look new and it won't be flickering.

Let me know how it goes!

Protege :thumbup1:
 
Cell Phone Make and Model:
LG Xenon
How long have you had the phone:
Around a year
What carrier do you have:
AT&T
What's your issue:
Can't send messages to people, I even compared it to my mom's iPhone. When I send a text on the phone, it shows that it is sent and it never shows up on her phone. I have also tried it with several of my friends phones, too no avail.
When did it start:
Around 3 months ago
What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred:
None at all
What symptoms was your device experiencing:
Nothing out of the ordinary
What troubleshooting have you done already:
I compared the texting with several different phones (and models) and it shows on my phone the text is sent, but none of the phones I sent my text too ever get into their inbox.
Additional Info:
I don't know why it does this, but any fix I would love to hear.


Thank you ^_^


@ Oberst

Well this sucks...Not being able to send text messages can be a thousand different things, anything from a signature on your phone, to the way your account is configured with AT&T, or even a simple restriction inside of your phone. Text messaging is very simple. It would be like saying "I'm calling people, but it's not going through."

My Recommendation
First, try to just remove your battery, see if that helps at all.

Next, we need to find the security options inside your phone. Go to settings on your phone, then click on "phone." From here I'm not so sure, you are looking for security, or restrictions. If you find security, click on security. Your password is the last four digits of your phone number. Once in here ,click on restrictions...then enter the last four of your phone number, click on messaging, then click on outgoing, make sure it's set to allow all...

If that doesn't work, call AT&T, ask them to push the current roaming list to your phone. Or ask them what the heck is going on with your phone...be sure to do a lot of this :chair:

Good luck, let me know how it goes ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top