Having no access to the eGO private forums, you have not read the aforementioned post and couldn't possible comment on the situation knowledgeably. This job gives access to information and critical systems that most of leadership doesn't even have access to, that said, we're not just going to hand over that kind of access to someone who hasn't yet proved themselves. In no way is this a knock on e's or eG's, not in the slightest, it's is just one of many other base requirements derived by council to help confidently recruit members.
I can understand not giving out information or access to certain systems.
However, by removing even an e's or eG's chance
to show their worth, dedication, and themselves to eGO, what does that show those who are interested in helping the clan out? It's also understandable that some people in the clan don't care about things like helping eGO out or have little interest or activity, and that to progress through the ranks and gain access to certain things you are required to show activity and prove themselves.
Alienating your newer/lower members by not allowing them to participate in something that can show their leadership that they want to be here and help out just serves to decrease any motivation or desire to do so. For example, I myself am restricted to playing TF2 whenever my connection and laptop feel like cooperating (until I can get my desktop back at least). Therefore, my attendance in TF2 is a bit more lacking than I would like. Being able to help out in other areas will allow me to keep up my activity within eGO, as well as give those higher than me a chance to see that I
am willing to help out and put my time in here to better not only eGO, but the community as whole.
Just because we may be new or still an "e", doesn't mean we can't be of help or service. It also doesn't mean we don't know what we are doing with servers, graphics, etc. I am sure there are a bunch of e's like me who have skills that are useful and/or needed in the community. I myself feel that I am restricted to just playing TF2 or being in Ventrilo (which is not always possible) and could do and want to do more, but unable to.
Edit: Might I suggest allowing e's and eG's to participate only means that restricted or sensitive information is kept from them. By putting them under an eGO leader (who has the appropriate access and information) to report to, they can serve eGO in a greater fashion.