Death to my 9800t

FIR3

Rookie
Joined
Oct 27, 2010
Messages
74
Last night in the first 5 minutes prior to the malt game starting my card gave out, now my question, should I go with the gtx470 or the ati 5850? I'm leaning tirades nvidia, I have always been a fan boy, my set up is a [email protected] 4gigs ddr3 1600
 
Well I'm being kinda picky, from what I have seen, the 6850 does not perform as well as the 5850, and the 470's out perform the 5850's, I'm actually looking for a 465 that is unlockable to a 470, but it's proving a hard fund for the price if a 370 anyways lol
 
Well after much debate I ended up with a gtx470 GV-N470D5-13I-B to be exact lol $253.99 with amazon prime one day shipping included, it was the best price i was able to find between the 470, 5870/5850, and the new 6870, I will post updates about it once I get it previously my 3dmark 06 score was about 8000, a little higher so we will see what the new card does to help
 
your old 3dmark score was 8k? Wow. That's really low.
With that system, I will guess around 20k 3DMark06 score.

I would have gone with the 6870. It's better value.
 
your old 3dmark score was 8k? Wow. That's really low.
With that system, I will guess around 20k 3DMark06 score.

I would have gone with the 6870. It's better value.

for a 9800Gt it is about right

my 8400 got like 1000marks
 
im just kinda curious as to who made ur 9800gt? reason i ask is cause evga made mine & it came w/ a lifetime warranty. too bad that evga doesnt do that anymore. then again 2 years for a warranty isnt really that bad either, considering that bout how long it takes for your current video card to become so outdated that its time to buy a newer one.
 
I personally would say that you should go with the nvidia 470 only because you already know how the nvidia series runs and you know how to work it, but it you wanna try out something new maybe go with the 5850 or the 6870.
 
my system is...
CPU: [email protected]
RAM: super talent [email protected] 7-7-7-24
MOBO: MSI 870A-G54
AUDIO: creative audigy2 flashed to audigy4 (not that it matters lol)
VIDEO:9800gt bfg flashed 1.1v overclocked to 700cpu 1625shadder 1000ram temps around 70 in dod:s and 80-83c in demanding games

I ended up with the 470 i have always like nvidia more (things look prettier to me.....maybe im just nuts lol) for $250 shipped, it was a competive prices with others and more often than not 2fps difference either direction lol, i just wish i could have waited for nvidia's 500 series but whats another $250 in a year anyways lol

As for my cpu, idk why but intel always seems to score better than amd with 3dmark, but my cpu score @3.8(238*16 for those interested stock volts) is 5297
 
Last edited:
Intel always scores better in 3dm/super pi/wprime/every benchmark

lol indeed the case from everything i have seen too lol, runs games the or better than intel depending on the bench provider/system stats
 
o god, that thing is going to be loud, or was it the other one? lol i forget

but personally, i am a nvidia fan, but i have to say ati (soon to be renamed amd) is more worth it. cheap and kicks butt. i have a 5850 and i can say, it took out everything i have thrown at it. its a monster.

hope you enjoy your card, let me know how it is :D
 
o god, that thing is going to be loud, or was it the other one? lol i forget

but personally, i am a nvidia fan, but i have to say ati (soon to be renamed amd) is more worth it. cheap and kicks butt. i have a 5850 and i can say, it took out everything i have thrown at it. its a monster.

hope you enjoy your card, let me know how it is :D

It has been AMD for about two weeks.
 
O I will definatly update once I get my card, it's looking like Monday or Tuesday I should have it, I'm so impatient lol
 
im just kinda curious. how did you get your audigy2 to get flashed to audigy4? i have audigy 2 zs & have been wanting to upgrade for sometime now.
 
pillar, i will have to dig up the links i used and get back to you...sorry i cant answer better

dropped the price on my gtx470 to $230 lol yelled at amazon because i paid for 1 day shipping, and its not getting here untill tomorrow, so they gave me my money back on the shipping, but also a $20 discount to THIS order, dropping it from $249.99 to $229.99 gotta love it

pillar, i will post an answer on the audio card in about 20 minutes
 
sorry it took so long, the answer u were looking for is PAX Audigy 2 SOFTMOD

Step 1: Uninstall any sound drivers installed for the audigy card, i use Driver Sweeper 2.5 to make sure all the drivers r actually gone but to each there own

Step 2:Get the Drivers from http://dl.technewshw.com/drivers/PAX/PAX PCI Audigy All-OS-Driver V1.50.7z Make sure u have winrar or something like that and install

it will still be labled as an audigy2, but the 24bit sound options become avalible, and it will sound much better
 
Last edited:
ITS FINALLY HERE!!!! i posted a video in Ph?bus' unboxing thread ;) my 3dmark score (of course) have gone up, my new 3dmark score is 16,128, doubled from my previous 8000 score lol, now to see if my 350watt power supply will last, i should have enough amps....28amps per rail, and video card recommends 35or more so it should be fine
 
Back
Top