Valve's at it again - releasing faulty software! Left 4 Dead 2 still crashing.

PBJ

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
2,292
Since the Sacrifice update (a month on the 5th), L4D2 has crashed a few seconds after the intro video, while displaying the loading screen. I have heard widespread news of this, but no one seems to know how to fix it. I've re-installed twice (and deleted the remaining folders), verified GCFs countless times, and contacted Steam Support. Support gave me a generic answer, a link to an article to fix game crashes. Yet, this article is rated 15%, and I tried nearly everything on it.

Does anyone here in eGO know how to fix it? L4D1 is still working perfectly fine.
 
To my knowledge,
Ever since the DLC has been released people who have just bought it recently have had the same problem. I bought it the day or release back in '09 and it run perfect for me. Wait it out or contact steam again.
 
I bought it when the Passing came out. I believe it may be something with the downloader, because it repeatedly downloads 0 mb / 0 mb.
 
i just bought it Thursday night and i have had no problems at all with the game.
 
I've been having problems ever since The Passing came out. I've been kicked so many times for the server being unable to authenticate the user that I don't even play the damn game anymore.
 
So basically its a never-ending problem that the idiots at Valve will never fix.
 
Don't feel so bad, It has happen to me many times.

What can i say all we do now is wait it out since, I don't think we can do anything else.
 
1. Dont play l4d2
2. Dont play l4d
3. Play killing floor

Trololol... Yes, i got nothing useful so im useless as always :)
 
Don't feel so bad, It has happen to me many times.

What can i say all we do now is wait it out since, I don't think we can do anything else.

Thanks Angeal.



1. Dont play l4d2
2. Dont play l4d
3. Play killing floor

Trololol... Yes, i got nothing useful so im useless as always :)

Wow...now I know why I've heard Panzer was a troll.
 
Have you tried fully uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it?

I've actually had some issues on both L4D and L4D2 with graphics and crashing. I only had to uinstall the game once each time, and they're running fine ever since.

My problem, I'm guessing, was a faulty installation that screwed up the files. Second time's the charm.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top