The Hidden Interview!

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
I very highly doubt that anybody noticed (I will be damned impressed if somebody did), but back when I was doing my weekly interviews, you guys selected (in force, in fact) the next eGO rank to be interviewed, it was announced, and the interviews were shut down before it was ever released.

WELL...here, six months later, I just happen to have stumbled across that interview in the archives! Here it is...



This week's eGO: =(eGO)=™ Ravage
Aliases: (None)


Have you read my interviews at all? Yeah. So then you know that everybody gets the same first 5-6 questions and then I just wing it from there lol. Mmhmm.
SO, what is your favorite map and why? Strand. It's the first map I ever played on and it's a lot of fun to get off the beach as an American and punch everybody in the bunkers.
What is your favorite side/class and why? I don't really have a favorite side--both are equally as fun. As for class, Assault or Support, depending on which side I'm on, because I take the back ways of Strand, which are very close quarters. No preference of one side's support or assault over the other?? They are definitely different... Well, if I'm Allies, usually I'm Thompson {Assault} because it's easier to control than the BAR when I'm firing at the hip. On the Axis, STG, because prone is pretty much an insta-headshot.
What is your favorite thing about eGO? All of the great people who I meet every day, and the punk-free environment. Ahhhhh that answer never gets old, HAHA Well, it's true.
What is your favorite DoD story from a time playing? It can be for any reason, and on eGO servers or not. Well, I have to say my favorite moment playing DoD was when I randomly shot off a rifle round and ended up killing two people, krazy1 {=(eGO)=™ krazy1} and tomi {=(eGO)=™ tomi87 [DJI]}, while they were both sniping in the field. Oh, I'll bet you head "HAX!" from that one... I hear "hax" just for sitting still as an MG42 and killing eight people in three seconds...gets really irritating after a while. True.
If you had to name your DoD:S arch-nemesis, who is it and why? I'd have to say my nemesis would be Tiger {=(eGO)=™ Tiger {Rangers}}, he always seems to shoot me in my face no matter where I go with his Springfield. Tiger...Woods? Or Tony the? Lol, no. He wouldn't be able to stand up against me. I mean eGO Tiger. Just Tiger. El Tigre is you want. OHHHH. Tiger. Why didn't you just say that? Well then it wouldn't have been funny, would it? I detest humor or amusement. Everybody knows that. I enjoy it every time, reading it or being part of it.
What is your screen name from and why did you choose it? Well, I think it came from a character in Unreal Tournament, but I don't really remember. But, I chose it because my brothers and I used to share a username and as we all started going our separate ways (gaming-wise), I had to choose one and, well, how many people have "Ravage" in the name? Actually...a lot have it, but I am too lazy to pick a new name. Plus, I am not very creative. Pretty simple... Very. I'm a simple and boring person, I know.
So I hear rumor that, even being the #2 eGO server, there are not many eGO members who frequent Strand. Is this something you have noticed as well? Well, I'd say that...yes, that is pretty much it. I mean, we get the usual group and the pubs that join, but everybody just thinks it's one-sided for the Axis.
Being one of the few clan members who DOES play it...what are your theories on why not many of us do? Do you think the one-sided perception is it? Yeah. It's not one-sided for the Axis, it's just not really in favor of the Allies. But, if you can get off that beach, you can destroy the Axis defenses. Mainly, I'd say anybody who plays on Allies gets sick of the constant mortar fire on the beach and any regulars of Stand will agree that if you want to live you just keep moving. Forget about cover, it doesn't work all the time--just run, run, run. Let fools shoot. Live first.
So you got the most nominations I think I've ever seen for a person in these interviews, with five a few weeks ago and then 3-4 more just last week. Now, what I am wondering if you can explain to me...is why? With that fanfare, I expected you to have flames shooting out you ears and dispensing free ice cream cones to everybody, but so far all of your answers are rather simple, straightforward, and routine. What am I missing about you? What should I know that I don't? I guess people just like me? I mean, why does anybody get nominated? People like them and want others to like them. I'd say there's a great deal of things people don't know about me and, honestly, the people I play with probably know more about me than my family does (unfortunately). The reason for all my straightforward answers is if I'm asked a question, it's always been demanded that I give a straightforward answer and habits are hard to break. True...but usually when a bunch of people nominate somebody, I know something exciting is going to happen! Some of them try too hard though, lol. So then...tell me something interesting about you. I am gonna break the rules and not just ask you a question and look for the answer, because maybe I just don't know what to ask to get to the Ravage all these others guys see. Well...I can't really say anything interesting about me because I don't really think anything I do is all that interesting or exciting. The best way to learn about me is to play online with me, I'd definitely say I'm a different person here than when I'm in game. Like you said--when a bunch of people nominate a guy, it'll be a fun interview. I goof around a lot more in-game than I do anywhere else and some days you can really see me when I've lost control of my ability to contain my humor or excitement. Are you saying we should have conducted this interview on the shores of Normandy, amidst the hail of bullets and the scream of incoming mortars? Cause I've got the eGO awards that say I should be able to do that.... Maybe... That might've just done it for me. Assuming, of course, people are having a good time and goofing around as well. The Germans might wonder why I am just following you around everywhere though. So would your teammates, in fact. Lol that would be a little weird I suppose, but chances are you'd get shot before you got within five feet of me. "Mr. Ravage, Mr. Ravage. What do you have to say to reports that you pocketed that money that was for the community center?" "No comment." Well, I'd say you'd get cut off around the first, "Mr. Ra..." I dunno...I am rather crafty and elusive. Well, unless you can talk with a bullet in your head, which I would love to see if you could, I'd probably just start laughing over your corpse for a split-second. Well...look who is coming alive now!
So a lot of people get "in the zone" when they are playing and they play better without making a concentrated effort at it...is this how your personality is, would you say? Gotta get in-game and playing for a while before it starts flowing well? Uhh it depends on what's going on, you know. If I'm having a good day, then it'll start "flowing" quickly. A bad day and you just see me pretty much being the same as a good day. So, I guess it doesn't differ? Ah, cause I noticed how you started opening up more once we started talking about your skills versus mine, and got those competitive juices starting to flow. Once that happened, you put the "ego" in eGO. Lol. Well...I'm a gamer 100%. Haha. You are probably the one person I can't not laugh at if they say anything even remotely funny. But yeah, if we start talking games, I can really get into it and really drop all of my barriers I guess, and just talk about anything.
Well Ravage...we started a little slow, but things picked up by the end. Thanks for participating. I'll have to drop by Stand sometime and you'll have to come check out Kalt {existed at the time, lol}. Hopefully you can join me on one/some of the unofficial road trips coming up this week {not this week, but took place the week this was originally set to be posted}. Road trips?! I'll go if I don't have to pay for the gas! Or FOOD! Oh boy...I think we're stopping just in time...

{Editor's notes-for clarification}

troops-storming-normandy.jpg

{"Mr. Ravage, Mr. Ravage! Can you tell me..."}
 
i cant remember who else we have had interviewed. it's hard to nominate new people!
 
i cant remember who else we have had interviewed. it's hard to nominate new people!

Here is who has been interviewed already:
***e***
1) Canadian Invader
2) Erich
3) CornBeefnRice
4) YoSpankDawg
***eG***
1) Ides of March
2) xCub4n
3) D_Day
4) VizierKane
***eGO***
1) ronpaul
2) Blindy
3) D.T.S.
4) Cpt. Kirk
H) Ravage
***Leader***
1) Matt With A Cat
 
Goomba and Boyle.
ohh ohh and Redbud. He is pretty much an honorary member
 

I feel like DoD Leadership catches wind of who my next interview is going to be with and they come rolling up to their house in black cars, heavily armed, ordering them to give the same textbook answer to that question lol
 
Back
Top