**Animated SOTW Contest #78**

Quaffer

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,824
Animated​

This week Signature of the Week goes on the move. We're making animated signatures.

To help you out here is a link to UnFreez, A little freeware program with a very simple interface that will take a string of the same size gifs and create an animated gif.
Not sure how to get a gif file? Many of the graphics programs will store files in a gif format with the save as function.
I use Paint.net I create each frame on a different layer, save all the layers as a pdn. I then turn off all of the layers except the active frame and the background when I save the seperate gifs. I name the gifs something 1, something 2 etc in order that they appear. Remember to reload the pdn file after using save as to get all of the other layers back.
Unfreez let's you tell it to loop the animation (recommended) and set the time between frames in 1/100s of a second. So if you enter 10 you get ten frames per second. If you enter 50 you get 2 frames per second. It's best to experiment. If you open the animated gif with a browser ( e.g. open with internet explorer ) you can check it before you upload it for publishing.
My rolling black sheep was done with eight frames at about 15/100's. I used an empty layer (select all delete) as a background to minimize the size of the file.

Please don't be intimidated. Animation can be as simple as changing the color of some part of the picture.

The prize this week will be one week of ad free browsing on EdgeGamers, sponsored by Dominion.

Rules:​
  • Theme: Animated
  • Size: Maximum: 500x200 pixels
  • You may make a signature for someone else but you must include the name of the persons who's sig you are making in the signature.
  • No Spam
  • No Comments
  • Only Entries
  • One entry per person.
  • No pre-made sigs, you must enter a sig that has been made specifically for this competition, the week of the competition.
  • No repeat entries.

Entries will be taken until Saturday November 6th, 11:59 PM EST

Rules from GardenGroveVW

Thank you for participating.
 
Last edited:
Spy-SOW.gif
 
Made fresh for today, 3DS Max, reflections and some lovely cell shaded-like outlines. I even had to resize it because it used to be 600X200, it's now a lovely 500x166:
smallersig.gif
 

Latest posts

Back
Top