No sound in ventrilo

Decoyed

I made one post
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
2
Hello, new poster here.

My ventrilo recently stopped working. I logged on to it last night, but I couldn't hear anyone talking. I can hear the sound when you log into vent, and I can hear the sound for my push-to-talk key, but I can't hear the sound for changing channels.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, but the same thing happened. It worked fine Monday night, and now it's just bewildering. I checked to make sure nothing was muted down in the volume by the clock (I have windows 7). I checked to make sure the right device was checked as well, and still nothing!

If anyone can help, that would be great. Thanks.
 
What's your os?, 32 or 64?

Are your audio drivers up to date?

Also did you try to reinstall as admin?
 
I was having the same problem with my g35 when I first got it and since it was an intermittent problem it was had to find the answer but eventually I got thanks to the Logitech forums. My fix was to go into the Ventrilo settings and in the voice, binds, and speech tabs(all three) choose SFX and select Vent sound to play only at "Front Left of Center(7.1)" and "Front Right of Center(7.1)". I can't promise this fixes your problem but I've had no problems whatsoever in the last 6 months since this fix.
 
What's your os?, 32 or 64?

Are your audio drivers up to date?

Also did you try to reinstall as admin?

It's 64 bit. My drivers are up to date, and I did try reinstalling it, but I don't think it was a clean install because I still had all my settings. I'll try reinstalling it again.

I tried setting all the drop down boxes to my headset, but none of that worked either.
 
Then i would do what forty2skates said, See if that helps you.
 
Yeah, I literally just fixed mine about 30 seconds ago.

Is your system sound configured for 5.1 or 7.1?
(XP - windows control-panel / sounds / click the ‘Advanced’ button in the ‘Speaker Settings’ section / speaker setup input box setting)
(Vista/Win7 – windows control-panel / sounds / Playback / select speaker device / ‘Configure’ button / Audio Channels)

If yes then:
Goto Vent setup/voice-binds-speech tabs / SFX button / Directional / Add “Front Left & Right 5.1 (or 7.1)”
 
Back
Top