Question regarding xbox 360.

Ruthless

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
3,464
So basically I have a 360,
and Wifi in my house,
I don't want to be running a large cable from my 360 to my router.

what do I need in order to hook up my xbox in another room and not have a cable running from my xbox to my modem or router or whatever.


can someone link me
and show me the best deals.
 
I'd just stick with the long cable if I were you, unless you're willing to spend over 80 USD for a wifi adapter.
 
I'd just stick with the long cable if I were you, unless you're willing to spend over 80 USD for a wifi adapter.

I am; because I seriously have no other way of doing it.
D:
 
Do you have the newer Xbox 360's? (White or the black elite) or do you have the newer ones? (Black internal drive) If you have the newer one it has built in wifi, the older ones need an adapter. Found here: http://www.buy.com/prod/wireless-ne...60/q/sellerid/18700237/loc/108/216681240.html. Although it will cost you $50, a quality ethernet cable (at least in longer lengths) plus the work and effort to run it to the xbox will be worth the $50.
 
Yeah I'm trying to hook it up in a seperate room.
I've got the first version of the 360.
it doesn't have wifi built in to it I'm pretty sure.
anywho, I'll go with an adapter thanks oprah.
 
If you have a laptop with working WiFi and a little bit of networking know-how, there's a simple way you can do it without having to spend anything more on adapters or anything. You just need a spare Ethernet cable.

If you do have a laptop, what operating system does it have? You can check by clicking on the start button, right clicking on Computer/My Computer, and clicking properties. It'll tell you the exact version of Windows you're using. If it's running Mac OS or Linux, it'll be difficult and I'm not sure if there's any available tutorials for those operating systems for this. I'm not even sure if the Xbox will accept a shared connection from those operating systems.
 
I would bridge a connection with a computer/laptop. Or just get the new 360. OR!, There is another OR! get that fail Wifi connection plug thing.
 
The adapter I showed him is $50...much less than a laptop, the internet over power thing, and a new 360. I don't know about you but I don't have a computer lying around to dedicate to being internet for my xbox.(well I could use my mac mini connected to my tv, but thats not the point.) However if you do indeed want to share your connection with a laptop or computer with wifi, I can help you out. With mac (which is actually really simple and is built into mac osx) or with windows(a little harder and with use of 3rd party programs, but still simple).
 

Latest posts

Back
Top