So here's the dealio. A while back, my mouse got screwed up and managed to short out my entire motherboard. I waited months to finally get it fixed, and finally it is. But, when re-installing the OS, I had use a Windows XP boot up disk, as that's the only one we had at the time. So now, I have Windows XP on my HP Pavillion, when it was originally Vista.
It works fine and all, but I was wondering if it's possible to use the boot-up disk for Windows Vista (we found it) and have it upgraded from XP to Vista?
Would it work? And would there be any major changes affecting performance on my computer (anything other than "Oh, you switched OS's. Derp.")
Thanks guys.
It works fine and all, but I was wondering if it's possible to use the boot-up disk for Windows Vista (we found it) and have it upgraded from XP to Vista?
Would it work? And would there be any major changes affecting performance on my computer (anything other than "Oh, you switched OS's. Derp.")
Thanks guys.









