Axis & Allies (Board Game)

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
How many of you have played Axis & Allies? It is pretty much the best board game in the history of the world--especially if you love WWII (as all of us here should).

Anyways, I was just sitting here playing the computer version and watching WWII in HD and got an idea...I wanna have a huge eGO A&A tournament thingy.

How it will work
1) Y'all sign up below
2) I assign you team/opponents based on experience (please be honest)
3) As each person's turn comes up, I will get you an update of the map/events and you make your moves. Then I move to the next person's turn.

It's just that simple. If we have several games going, I will take the winning teams (if they are up for it) and compete them against each other until we have a final winning team. It's mostly for fun/bragging rights, but I'll throw in some CC for winners (and maybe something else).

In fact, any of you CC-rich people out there who want to contribute to the pool for the winners too, please let me know.

ALSO...since we are not doing this all in-person, as the game is normally played, I have a few special rule changes:
---You will only be able to see your territories and those immediately surrounding your territories.
---You ARE allowed to communicate with your allies to determine your enemy's forces in areas you cannot directly see. They do not have to tell you about anything you cannot see, and I will not tell you anything.
---You may send fighters/bombers behind enemy lines, on recon missions. Any territory they fly over you will learn what enemy forces exist there. If any territory they fly over has enemy AA guns and/or fighters, they will engage your aircraft.

Sign-up example:
Name: (Your forum name here)
A&A Experience: (Pro, some, or never before played)
Team preference: (Russians, Germans, British, Japanese, and/or Americans)
 
Sounds like fun :D

-Bloodshot-
Never, but it looks a bit like Risk which I have played quite a bit.
No preference
 
A&A is a great game but don't like board games on the Pc

Well it isn't the CPU version of A&A if that's what you're worried about.

Essentially, think of this as you're all playing actual A&A on a board (with those slight rule changes for realistic factor), but can't all be present--which is true since we're all spread out around the world--so I am making the moves for you. Combat will be settled by a CPU version, just for an unbiased random dice generator.
 
You could do a FPS DoDs version of RISK.

Some one re-created a huge RISK map with all the spawn points making each country a spawn point and flag cap.

It is really fun when you get a full group to play with set class restrictions.

Here is an updated version of the RISK map
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/39047
 
You could do a FPS DoDs version of RISK.

Some one re-created a huge RISK map with all the spawn points making each country a spawn point and flag cap.

It is really fun when you get a full group to play with set class restrictions.

Here is an updated version of the RISK map
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/39047

I've had the RISK map for years...yes I could do that, but I am not.
 
im in

Name: (IO) SA
A&A Experience: never before played
Team preference: Russians or Japanese lolz

slightly intoxicated sing up? no wai
 
i'll also donate CC, im not sure how much i have but i'll donate at least 100k
 
God me and my family would play Axis & Allies forever, our games lasted hours and hours and hours with no end in sight.


Name: Ravage
A&A Experience: A lot
Team Preference: America
 
God me and my family would play Axis & Allies forever, our games lasted hours and hours and hours with no end in sight.


Name: Ravage
A&A Experience: A lot
Team Preference: America

I have many many fond memories of playing with friends during overnighters. Watching some WWII movies while playing...oh yeah...

I will cut these games off when I see inevitable victory for one side or the other. Don't worry though, it will just be in situations where "it's just a matter of time". I am not gonna make you guys mop up every little pocket of resistance, lol.

ALSO...we now officially have enough for one game (some signed up in another thread in another forum)! I'm really hoping to get about four games going though, so...let's see more people sign up! If you've never played, you're not alone, so might as well start now. It really is a lot of fun.
 
Hey guys, let's get some more people signed up! We have enough people right now for one game (if that's all we're gonna get, then we'll just go with it), but why not have more?!

Here's who's signed up so far:

Never played:
-Bloodshot- (Preference: NONE)
(IO) SA (Preference: Russia, Japan)
Dr. Compton (Preference: America, Germany)
Bole (Preference: Germany)

Lots of experience:
Ravage (Preference: America)



There will be CC rewards for participants (amounts TBD depending on number of participants)
 
Last edited:
In fact, any of you CC-rich people out there who want to contribute to the pool for the winners too, please let me know.

Well, well, well. Look who comes crawling on his hands and knees for some free Casino Cash. Well good sir I might be defined as rich since my last corporate takeover, poker winnings, and other nefarious activities netted me several million casino cash. Shall a measly $100,000 do? After all I?m not one to turn down a plebian when he requests mere chump change. I?ll have my accountant write up an imaginary check you can cash in internet land.

Good day.

Sir Reginald Stormicus III
 
HAHA. That was actually pretty amusing. Thanks Stormy.

Also...Dr. Compton is right.

Technically now we have 5 noobs and 2 experienced people, so...don't make some people sign up and not get to play!!!
 
Its cool YSD, if we're uneven, I'll be the wild card that gets to pick what side he is on with massive nuclear technology behind him.
 
Back
Top