Recruiting Efforts Thus Far

I recruited mainly for DoD:S but I did recruit for other divisions as well.
 
I'd like to take a minute to point out something that is obvious to some of us, but less obvious to others:

We need to get our new recruits in Ventrilo.

Let me explain a number of reasons why this is important. First, it's where everyone hangs out and gets to know each other. It reinforces the "community" atmosphere when you can join and talk with your friends about anything at all. And of course, I'll go ahead and state something really obvious that our long-time admins know: it helps to get you promoted. If the Leadership team sees you in Vent fairly often, we're much more likely to think of you when it comes time for promotions. The very first thing I do when we start making lists is to go through who's in Vent at the time. It's that important: if I get to know you and feel that you're a decent, capable person, it's much easier to make the call.

So what does this mean, exactly? Whenever we recruit people, I want everyone to make a special effort to try and get them in Ventrilo. Our admins have microphones, and many enjoy the camaraderie we have there. On our own end, the Advisors and Division Leaders are going to try and make a special effort to be even more approachable as well, and to get to know everybody a little better. Just because you see [DL] in front of my name doesn't mean that I'm going to lash out if you have a question/concern/whatever. That's just not how I operate.

I do have one precaution though: Excitement and enthusiasm are great, but don't push yourself too far. We like getting to meet new people; we don't like when they start becoming bothersome because they're clearly pushing for promotions (anyone remember Rules 1 and 2? ;) )

I would also like to point out something else that is equally important: RECRUITS ARE NOT JUST NUMBERS FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT. I don't want to find out (again) that people are recruiting, then ignoring and removing new people from their friends lists after they get counted. (You know who you are.) Just as we trust our own admins implicitly and always try to check with them before ruling on things, we trust that you'll at least keep an eye on people you bring into this community. Yeah, it sure looked good when we brought in 350+ people a few months back because of some individual efforts, but our retention rate from that was absolute garbage. Without checking, I can't name anyone recruited from that time period that has been promoted. Seriously. Getting the PSC milestone awards is nice and all, but your recruiting efforts will be much more worthwhile (and noticed!) if recruits turn out to be good admins.

Again - this is why Ventrilo is so important! It just makes everything easier for all of us. We're on pace for a record number of recruits this month; if we could get even half of them into Ventrilo, DoD could quite literally become the dominating Ventrilo division. That's a side goal here, of course. I just don't understand how we can get 65 people in there for realism night, and barely 20 the rest of the week. If we dominate Ventrilo and show everyone just how big a division we are, it's easier to ask for things that we'd like (servers, event prizes, etc.) A healthy division is essential to this, and the Ventrilo numbers really do reflect status. Please consider this.

Oh, one more thing: This is half of what I have (each is a stack of 4), and they should be recruiting prizes soon :)

WTrlC.jpg
 
I recruited mainly for DoD:S but I did recruit for other divisions as well.

Ah cool, I have one more question, do you actually guide them step by step, do you link them to a tut or did you create your own tut?

I guide them but, I'm think about writing a simple tutorial that will make it easier :)
 
Ah cool, I have one more question, do you actually guide them step by step, do you link them to a tut or did you create your own tut?

I guide them but, I'm think about writing a simple tutorial that will make it easier :)

Notepad all the way.
 
Ah cool, I have one more question, do you actually guide them step by step, do you link them to a tut or did you create your own tut?

I guide them but, I'm think about writing a simple tutorial that will make it easier :)

I type them through every step and explain everything well enough that they understand.
 
are we going for quantity or quality here?-a lot of you guys seem to worrying more about numbers.
 
are we going for quantity or quality here?-a lot of you guys seem to worrying more about numbers.

because DoDS is five years old we have to worry about numbers, just like any aging game.

However, within this community, we have proven in the past and more recently last month, that the DoDS division is able to have both quantity and quality.

-Blue
 
Great job so far guys. I like to help by getting people interested in joining then passing them off to someone like Blue when they are really tired/busy/sleepy. Remember fellas, dont burn yourselves out. If it starts feeling like too much of a chore take a break. I think i speak for everyone when i say that theres no point in recruiting a boat-load of people if you end up quitting yourself.
 
Great job so far guys. I like to help by getting people interested in joining then passing them off to someone like Blue when they are really tired/busy/sleepy. Remember fellas, dont burn yourselves out. If it starts feeling like too much of a chore take a break. I think i speak for everyone when i say that theres no point in recruiting a boat-load of people if you end up quitting yourself.

Mhmm, I took a break. I'll start back up again soon, just want more time to play now though.
 
Back
Top