Samsung digital camera

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Best Buy has the following digital camera that will be on sale this coming Black Friday, along w/ a 4gb sd card & carrying case for $100: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...Id=9765347&st=9765347&cp=1&lp=1&ref=39&loc=01

For those of you who have really good cameras (Sony Cybershot & other great cameras), let me know what you think about this offer. My current camera is a Nikon Coolpix from 2 years ago. This item would be the only thing I would really go after (other than maybe the 23" samsung monitor).
 
Doesn't seem like a bad little camera at all man. Personally I would never buy a digital camera but that is because I have my HTC Evo which has a 8mp camera on it which is more then enough for what I take pics of lol. However thinking about grabbing one for my mom who is currently using my old Nikon 7mp for christmas....AKA thanks for the great gift idea :-D
 
Doesn't seem like a bad little camera at all man. Personally I would never buy a digital camera but that is because I have my HTC Evo which has a 8mp camera on it which is more then enough for what I take pics of lol. However thinking about grabbing one for my mom who is currently using my old Nikon 7mp for christmas....AKA thanks for the great gift idea :-D

MP != IQ
I believe I've seen a 1.3MP take a far better picture than my 5MP camera on my Hero.
 
Doesn't seem like a bad little camera at all man. Personally I would never buy a digital camera but that is because I have my HTC Evo which has a 8mp camera on it which is more then enough for what I take pics of lol. However thinking about grabbing one for my mom who is currently using my old Nikon 7mp for christmas....AKA thanks for the great gift idea :-D

Well I was thinkin bout gettin the HTC Evo for myself as well, but my dad just recently got it & I dont wanna get the same phone as him. Unfortunately Im gonna have 2 wait for the Samsung Epic (aka Samsung Galaxy S) to go down in price.
 
That camera looks like it is a piece of junk with Samsung's name put on it. I've seen cheap cameras stamped with companies like GE, Vivatar, Samsung, LG, Polaroid and a few others. Samsung is either getting paid by a 3rd party to use the name, or they went with the lowest bidder to make a camera for them. Either way, I doubt any of Samsung's engineers had much in the way of input into the design - it was probably handled by the marketing department.

To be honest, you can find good Canon or Nikon cameras around that price that I'm positive you'd be happier with.
 
SLRs ftw. :P

I agree with Jubei, that camera doesn't look all that great. But of course many people will be like wow 12.2 mp it must be amazing!
 
DSLRs ftw. I just wish I could afford one. :(

I like both. I love my digital, however, there is nothing like the feeling you get from taking pictures and manually developing the negatives and enlargements. There's just something about seeing the picture develop right in front of your eyes as you agitate your tray of developer...
 
I like both. I love my digital, however, there is nothing like the feeling you get from taking pictures and manually developing the negatives and enlargements. There's just something about seeing the picture develop right in front of your eyes as you agitate your tray of developer...

My grandfather offered to give me an SLR he has. It was really nice, but I wasn't really into cameras back then. Plus, the whole converting analog to digital seemed like too big a hassle for an iffy hobby.
I wish I would have taken it, though. It was nice. :(
 
well i talked w/ 1 of my sis' friends who happens to have a sony cybershot camera & was showing it to me. looks rather impressive. so i just relooked thru the best buy catalog & whatcha know, they have a lil newer version of the cybershot on sale 4 $20 more than the samsung. needless to say i know im worth that $20 for the quality, so thanks for all the feedback. gonna go waste half 1 weeks paycheck on a new digital camera.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top