- Joined
- Aug 13, 2010
- Messages
- 3,387
So for the past couple weeks I have been going out of town to my friend's ranch in bonham, tx to hunt/fish and build a cottage on the property. I went back out there yesterday for what I thought would be the rest of the week. Around 2pm I was making some of the last 2x6 cuts needed for the rafters of this cottage and I slipped with the circular saw and sawed part of my right index finger off. I immediately rushed to the hospital where they re-attached it. The doctor said that the re-attached part should re-integrate itself but there is a chance it may not. He also said that I sawed off part of the bone and there are bone fragments inside the tip of my finger now.
Anyhow.. the point of this thread is to let ya know that I will be failing ALOT at cs:s for the next couple weeks while using my middle finger as my trigger finger. (doesnt apply to DoD:S.. i just suck at that anyway
)
If you are anything like me you are asking "Where are the pictures?!" Well.. im not going to post them directly into this thread but if you want to see I have 2 pics of my finger after being sewn up (16 stitches & 4.5cm) on photobucket.. here are the links
(Photos removed for sanctity of our younger members)
Also.. If you are interested in some pics of the cottage I was building they are here:
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn130/farsider420/ranch%20cottage/
One more thing.. several people have asked me "What does it feel like?" It feels a lot like being electrocuted. Im not recommending this but if you wanted to get an idea of what it feels like to have you finger cut off by a saw. Just stick your finger into an electrical socket. The saw blade notches pulse like electricity. <-- sick i know but everyone is asking.
Well.. the doc gave me some GOOD meds that are kicking in ...so thats all for now. See you in-game!!!
Anyhow.. the point of this thread is to let ya know that I will be failing ALOT at cs:s for the next couple weeks while using my middle finger as my trigger finger. (doesnt apply to DoD:S.. i just suck at that anyway
) If you are anything like me you are asking "Where are the pictures?!" Well.. im not going to post them directly into this thread but if you want to see I have 2 pics of my finger after being sewn up (16 stitches & 4.5cm) on photobucket.. here are the links
(Photos removed for sanctity of our younger members)
Also.. If you are interested in some pics of the cottage I was building they are here:
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn130/farsider420/ranch%20cottage/
One more thing.. several people have asked me "What does it feel like?" It feels a lot like being electrocuted. Im not recommending this but if you wanted to get an idea of what it feels like to have you finger cut off by a saw. Just stick your finger into an electrical socket. The saw blade notches pulse like electricity. <-- sick i know but everyone is asking.
Well.. the doc gave me some GOOD meds that are kicking in ...so thats all for now. See you in-game!!!
Last edited by a moderator:






















