Explorer loading slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzbit

Poster
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
149
Hi guys I am having a issue with Internet Explorer loading real slow. I noticed it with this website and started seeing it else where. With all other browsers it loads fast with zero issues. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why? and how I can get edgegamers and other websites to load faster?


Thanks
 
Its a heavy piece of software to begin with. That may just be what it takes for your hardware to load it and use it. Have you considered more RAM\defrag harddrive\new processor\cleaning up internet related files\committing to a decent browser like the rest of the world?
 
Some of this is mentioned before, but I'd say defragging your hard drive or clearing out your IE related files. What I personally use is Crap Cleaner. It's really fast and just deletes anything unnecessary that your computer is hanging on to. If neither of those options work, I would suggest you start scanning.


Side note, why would you even want to use IE? It's a worthless hunk of junk.
 
Download and Install Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Reboot your computer, and boot into safe mode by pressing F12 (Could be F8, but I can't be sure. Just make sure you get it before the windows logo pops up).
Run said programs, as well as your anti-virus.
Go to Command Prompt, Right click, and Run as Administrator.
Type (Depending on OS): XP) defrag c: -f 7) defrag c: /H /X
Make a sandwich and enjoy yourself in the mean time.
 
Try everything mentioned above PLUS installing the latest adobe flash! Really it helps a lot in loading time issues.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top