Not sure what PC to get?

Synergy

EGO Addict
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,245
Hey all,

At the moment I'm on a mac, and it's absolutely dreadful for gaming, also it doesn't allow half of my steam games to work, so I'm going to have to buy another PC.. Now I'm not sure what to get... I play DoD:s, CS:S, TF2 and i may buy the new CoD.. What specifications of a computer would i need to run these games really smoothly with no Hick-ups? like G-card, Ram, Processor.. etc?

Thanks.
 
Hey all,

At the moment I'm on a mac, and it's absolutely dreadful for gaming, also it doesn't allow half of my steam games to work, so I'm going to have to buy another PC.. Now I'm not sure what to get... I play DoD:s, CS:S, TF2 and i may buy the new CoD.. What specifications of a computer would i need to run these games really smoothly with no Hick-ups? like G-card, Ram, Processor.. etc?

Thanks.

Are you wanting to buy a pre-built, or do you want to build it yourself?
Option A would save you time building it, and if something is wrong, you only have one person to take it to.
Option B would cost less, and make you feel awesome when you're done, and would have longer warranties on each individual part.
 
Option A phobus, I have 0 knowledge about computers and there insides, also i'd probably quite easily lose my patience and end up snapping the mother board or something..
 
well i live in the UK.. so prices are probably more expensive here, I guess ?600 - 800.. which is around 1000 - 1200$? Just for the Computer, Not including the monitor and speakers..
 
well i live in the UK.. so prices are probably more expensive here, I guess ?600 - 800.. which is around 1000 - 1200$? Just for the Computer, Not including the monitor and speakers..

Do you know a website that does custom built PCs and delivers to the UK? Like CyberPowerPC or iBUYPOWER?
 
Yes i have heard of cyberpower and they do have a UK website, but like i said i have 0 knowledge about computers so i wouldnt know what to buy and if its at a good price or not? :(
 
These were the best i could find for pre-built/price on a UK site.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gamin...indows+7+Home+Premium+64-Bit+?productId=42395

or

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gamin...indows+7+Home+Premium+64-Bit+?productId=42293

For the price, none of the pre-builts offered on like the last 7 UK websites i checked were that good, and none of them even offer that many pre-built systems. There are plenty of sites though that offer a large range of individual components and parts. But you need a pre-built so those 2 seem to be the best to me for the price

Edit: found more

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-169-OE&groupid=43&catid=1892&subcat=

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-252-OK&groupid=43&catid=1444&subcat=

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-035-OP&groupid=43&catid=1444&subcat=

The above 3 need OS which is an additional like 70 euros and you can change the CPU/GPU for some of them. Overclockers.co.uk seems to be the most flexible site to work with, i just found it and they seem to have a large range of PCs, they seem like a cyberpower/ibuypower to me.
 
Last edited:
okay, thanks pewpew.. I'll take a deeper look into there sites! What processor would you ideally recommend for what i need, I'm guessing i wont need an i7? haha
 
Nope, i'd say i5 or any quad-core for that matter. AMD, if you can get the 6 core then go for it as long as its within ur budget. But the main focus would be getting the best GPU you can and then processor next.
 
I say you should build it, there is always a first time.

It is really fun and rewarding+it makes you look badass. It will get you all the ladies.

ok, maybe i made up the last point
 
I say you should build it, there is always a first time.

It is really fun and rewarding+it makes you look badass. It will get you all the ladies.

ok, maybe i made up the last point

haha! I've decided to go for a pre-built gaming machine from overclockers, i7 950 3Ghz Processor , 6GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB hard drive and Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5570 1024MB GDDR3 Low Profile PCI-Express Graphics Card (HDMI Edition)...

What do you guys think?
 
The CPU is ridiculous but the graphics card is crappy.

The graphics card will get you more gaming performance than the CPU so try looking for a graphics card that is around an ATI 5850 or GTX 460.

If you need to, do a tradeoff by getting a slower/cheaper processor and put the money into a better graphics card.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top