Multiple Monitor Help

RoadHouseBum

Rookie
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
56
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but, I have search this site, and used Google and could not find anything about it.

My main concern is with DOD, but, could apply to any source game.

My primary monitor is small, and my secondary monitor is large.

I want to send my games to open in the secondary monitor.

I do not want to switch monitors for several reasons. That is not going to happen, so.......

I have no problems with WOW, it has a setting right in it that allows you to pick monitor 1 or 2 for display.

Is there a command line switch or something to send the game DOD to the secondary monitor?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers! :)
 
What is your OS?
You just have to set your secondary monitor to the primary display.
 
I am running Windows XP pro.

And I can't switch the Primary.

I just need to know if I can send the video to the secondary monitor or not.....

Is it a lost cause or not? :)
 
no, it's not.
you just have to set the larger monitor to primary.
 
the only way to do that is to make the larger screen your primary monitro.

You can do this in the control panel
 
ok, thanks guys.

that is what I was afraid of........

The smaller monitor needs to stay the default because of other programs I run......

I was hoping there was a way to force the games to come up on the secondary monitor.

Well, at least WOW works with this configuration........

Maybe there is some utility out there that will do it, I will be looking for one.
 
I am running Windows XP pro.

And I can't switch the Primary.

I just need to know if I can send the video to the secondary monitor or not.....

Is it a lost cause or not? :)

Try playing the game in windowed mode, that way once it is started, you can click and drag it onto your larger secondary monitor. I can't think of a reason that wouldn't work.
 
Set it in windowed mode...drag it to large monitor....remove windowed mode. I do it all the time :P

Hmm... when I do this, it goes back to the primary at full screen.


I also wrote the makers of Ultramon, they said it will not allow me to do this. The game will always look to the primary monitor to get it's settings.


Looks like my best solution is to get another large monitor as my primary.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys, looks like I was asking the impossible, but, it shows what a great helpful bunch we have on EGO for all the answers I got! :)

So...... I save my pennies and find a new wide screen monitor that runs at the same resolution.

Again, thanks to all you helpful guys! :)
 
Try playing the game in windowed mode, that way once it is started, you can click and drag it onto your larger secondary monitor. I can't think of a reason that wouldn't work.

Sorry, I missed this one....

Yes, this does work, but it is so small..... :( My old eyes can't see u running up and using your entrenching tool on my head..... :(
 

Latest posts

Back
Top