Girlfriend's computer needs work could use advice.

JoyRiderUSA

Poster
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
160
Before I jump into my troubleshooting ways and fix things my way....here is her problem: My girlfriends computer likes to randomly just shut down....justs go black and power down. I took a look at her pc tonight while I was at her place and noticed her family likes to use alot of programs that I know would have hidden viruses and right now I have that as a base idea of why it is shutting off. I also did a temp check and it doesnt appear to be overheating.
 
Do you have specs of said pc?

Have you tried using only 1 stick of ram?

Have you tried a different GPU?

Have you tried a different PSU?
 
What would that have to do with a computer that shuts down for normal household use like facebook....and website browsing (probably should of said that)? They play no pc games or any serious power and hardware required things. Just normal flash games and browsing.
 
It still could be a power supply/GPU/motherboard issue.

Just tryin' to help you out here.
 
If it suddenly shut down ill go with reflexs PSU suggestion. How old is the computer? PSUs tend to degrade and output less power within the pas of years. Also ( if the computer is old ) check the motherboard for leacked or bad capacitors.
If the PSU and the mobo are fine, you'll have to remove the HDD backup everything and get a new fresh windows install. :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top