Server connection issue TF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago

Active Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
291
Okay here is the problem I am running into when I start up tf2 I will go to my favorites list and try to join an eGO server and am given a message that the server is not responding. So when I refresh the server list I have no servers available to me now and the only way to get the list back and be able to join a serve is restarting steam. Now this use to fix the problem but now I am needing to restart steam up to 4 times to possible get a connection to any server at all.

I started seeing this problem around June right after one of the tf2 updates and cannot seem to figure out were the problem is at.

Running Vista ultimate 64
Phenom II 3 gig Quad core
8 Gig of ddr 2 1066
A sapphire 4870 x2 2gig of ddr 5 mem

using a net gear router
 
This is an issue ive had with most source powered games. I have been able to get around this by hit retry over...and over...and over...and over...and over for about 15 minutes...than POOF* im in....than it disconnects for failure to connect after 4 tries, than you have to start over. This has been an issue with Steam since i can remember sadly.
 
First and foremost check out this Valve support article and make sure that the ports listed are open on BOTH your firewall and router (if applicable).

--------------------

If no help, try this Valve support article and follow the steps to update your router's firmware and apply a registry fix.

--------------------

Completely exit from Steam.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam (or whichever directory you specified during installation).

Delete the file: ClientRegistry.blob

Restart Steam.

--------------------

Completely exit from Steam.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\ (or whichever directory you specified during installation).

Delete the files: serverbrowser.vdf & masterservers.vdf

Restart Steam.

NOTE: YOU WILL LOSE ANY SAVED FAVORITES WHEN YOU DELETE THOSE TWO FILES.

--------------------

Good Luck! :thumbup1:
 
Last edited:
Looks like the issue was the router had to be reconfigured to allow Steam to connect. Thanks for the help:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top