Shotgun Microphones

Sexy Beast

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
2,641
So I'm going to be ponying up like $400 for a Shotgun Microphone in the near future...and I've done little to no research on this subject so far. Anyone have any knowledge on this subject and can steer me in the right direction or could recommend a product?

It'd be much appreciated.
 
A shotgun Microphone for a video camera? You need to know what type of input it has (XLR, 3.55mm, etc.) Also the length of the actual microphone can determine how far you can receive quality audio. Does it come with a windscreen?
 
A shotgun Microphone for a video camera? You need to know what type of input it has (XLR, 3.55mm, etc.) Also the length of the actual microphone can determine how far you can receive quality audio. Does it come with a windscreen?

God, if I only new the answers to those questions. It's for a video camera, but it's not ordered yet...I'm not the one ordering and I have no idea what camera is being ordered. Though lets say hypothetically, the camera has a XLR imput and for the most part we are shooting mostly indoors.
 
Do you want be to recommend certain mics for you? Or do you have one in mind?
 
AKG C568 is in your price range is is a very good quality shotgun mic and can run off of phantom power or a 9volt.
 
The one passerby is pretty decent, and will work well for your application, although I can only find it for around $500. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ as suggested by frank, should have a lot of them.

This one is pretty good, but only takes the phantom power source.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...NTG_1_NTG_1_Condenser_Shotgun_Microphone.html

This one is pretty good too, but its more, however it works on both battery and phantom.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/400801-REG/Audio_Technica_AT897_Shotgun_Microphone.html

Check out there used store from time to time they have awesome deals.

Just a quick note, unless you are getting a pretty decent camera, it may not have phantom power. I would check first.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top