how to get people to listen to u on ego servers when the r swareing

I do this. If there are no G's or GO's on server, I say the following in open chat.

"Please avoid swearing on eGO servers. Thank you."

That normally ends the situation as most people are pretty understanding. And the occasional slip up doesn't concern me, as I can relate. If it doesn't and the guy is being down right mean or belligerent, then I see if I can find an admin on vent or my friends list. I typically don't want to bug an admin unless it's a big problem anyway, because I understand how much it can suck to leave a really good game to go handle a mess on another server. Yes, it's what they are here for, but I know it still sucks.
 
I typically don't want to bug an admin unless it's a big problem anyway, because I understand how much it can suck to leave a really good game to go handle a mess on another server.

Do not worry about that one bit, that's what we're here for... If there is ever a situation on a server that you can't handle because they don't listen, get an admin. Don't worry about bothering us, most likely no one gets mad when they have to leave to go admin somewhere else. At least I hope they don't
 
Lots of great suggestions already, but let me also add my 2 cents'.

We've already agreed that e's can help contribute (albeit in a limited fashion) to keeping our servers clean. I've seen several e's have lots of success with this, and some other other e's have, well, not so much luck.

The difference I've seen is in the delivery of the e's message. To illustrate my point, please direct your attention to the following 2 examples --

Example A
Player A: Too many *****ing campers!
=(e)= Joe Schmoe: language.
Player A: Whatever. You're not even an admin, why should I listen to you?
<Player A then continues cursing>

Example B
Player A: Too many *****ing campers!
=(e)= Joe Schmoe (over the mic): Whoa there, might want to be careful with the language, you could get kicked for swearing in here...
Player A: Oh ok my bad, I forgot about eGO server rules.
<Player A lives happily ever after>

I think the different 'delivery' approaches above are self-explanatory. Of course there are many other scenarios and pubs that won't respond positively regardless of how you communicate with them. But just food for thought.

I agree, it goes on how you approach someone. If you just say "language" which I have seen no one is really going to notice it, or even care enough. It's a lame way to warn, all I can say there. If you approach the 2nd way you had it, more people are more prone to listen and follow the rules.
 
I agree, it goes on how you approach someone. If you just say "language" which I have seen no one is really going to notice it, or even care enough. It's a lame way to warn, all I can say there. If you approach the 2nd way you had it, more people are more prone to listen and follow the rules.

If all else fails run around and cry IRL.

After your done doing that, my fellow e members, Utilize steam friends, vent, or even the forums to contact someone. It's highly unlikely that the forums would be necessary though.

Even if the eG or eGO is not from whatever division game it is your playing they may very well have that game installed. They can join just to deal with the jerk trouble causing player. The admin doesn't have to be someone you talk to frequently, or someone you even know that well.

(I'd stick to STEAM related game admins though, like DoD:s, CSS, and TF2 admins, so they'd probably have their maul PINs configured.)

If it's really that bad and ongoing then don't phase out others on steam and in vent just because they aren't from your division, or because you've never talked to them, or Both. If they have the game installed I'm sure they'd they'll be happy to help for a bit if available.
 
Last edited:
And if I remember rightly and you cant find an admin and things are realy out of hand (swearing and racist remarks) an "e" can get their steam id from the console in status and apply for a ban in the forums. But that is the last resort use it wisely.
 
you can add me on steam from my signature. i will help anytime you see me on just drop me a line. i will be more than happy to hop in and assist you with any problems you are having!

Thanks!
 
Listen to those people with the exception of Panzer. Especially the part about adding him to steam...he'll stalk you. :P
 
Player A: Too many *****ing campers!
=(e)= Joe Schmoe (over the mic): Whoa there, might want to be careful with the language, you could get kicked for swearing in here...
Player A: Put a sock in it!
<Player A lives happily ever after>
Or this
 
yeh i know tht

Nah I'm not even trying to sound mean, but this is factual so I'll state it.

Utilizing proper grammar spelling & punctuation would help get your point out as well.. Reason being that the internet is serious business and people tend to be jerks about proper everything & take it as a sign of immaturity.

On the forums it's whatever, who cares, but to others in the game it's just one more thing to criticize upon. ESPECIALLY to admins of the server. Remember, be 'professional'.
 
Last edited:
On the forums it's whatever, who cares

Some of us do. Conventional spelling and grammer may take longer to enter on a keyboard but it is much easier to read. People who don't put in the effort on making things easier to read are sending a message they may not intend.

That being: "I dnt cr wt u tnk. 2 lzy 4 wds."
 
As I always say "Englizh Please....!!" Watch your languaje...!" :chair: They always pay attention to that. :P
 
I'm glad to help...

(I'd stick to STEAM related game admins though, like DoD:s, CSS, and TF2 admins, so they'd probably have their maul PINs configured.)

If it's really that bad and ongoing then don't phase out others on steam and in vent just because they aren't from your division, or because you've never talked to them, or Both. If they have the game installed I'm sure they'd they'll be happy to help for a bit if available.



I know I'd be happy to help out anytime I'm on, which is very often lately!
;)
 
Surround yourself with EG and EGO friends...Sure we smell funny, but it is who you know in life that sometimes goes a long way...
 
Back
Top