What laptop should I purchase?

scott//

Poster
Joined
Dec 12, 2010
Messages
173
The last post, I wrote on my phone and I it took forever.

So, I am buying a laptop for Christmas and I would like it with the minimum specs of: 15" screen, 500gb hard drive and 4gb ram. With that, it should be sufficient enough for some quality gaming. iOprah suggested the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885, which is nice, and PewPew suggested the M11X, which has a small screen. If you have any more suggestions, please share.

Thanks to all for your input!

_scott//
 
The Asus G53 is your best option at that screen size.

15 inch, 1920x1080 screen, 6gb of ram, i7 quad core, GTX 460m.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/G73JW-XA1-Republic-Gamers-17-3-Inch-Gaming/dp/B0044BCZ0E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1292469933&sr=8-3[/ame]

But best buy is selling the Asus G73 for super cheap. 17 inch, same specs just 17 inch screen for $1,200

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...243761956&skuId=1257894&st=asus g73&cp=1&lp=1
 
Btw, those were just the minimum specs that I would like.

Thanks for your input too :D
 
Np, those two are probably your best options though in terms of performance and price.

The next best thing would be the Alienware M17x off Amazon

i7, crossfire 5870 :w00t: for about $2,000 which isn't terrible, especially for the specs. It's better than most desktops i would say.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Alienware-m17x10-1847DSB-17%252010Inch-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B0044XU36U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292473052&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com : Alienware m17x10-1847DSB 17‐Inch Gaming Laptop (Space Black) : Notebook Computers : Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31mGtEopQCL.@@AMEPARAM@@31mGtEopQCL[/ame]

Too bad, most of the laptop sales just ended. The alienware was like $1,999 after black friday until like 3 days ago. And the Asus G53 was only $1,200

Of course, building a desktop is still much better and cheaper.

Isn't your budget only like $1,000 though??
 
Np, those two are probably your best options though in terms of performance and price.

The next best thing would be the Alienware M17x off Amazon

i7, crossfire 5870 :w00t: for about $2,000 which isn't terrible, especially for the specs. It's better than most desktops i would say.
http://www.amazon.com/Alienware-m17...U36U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292473052&sr=8-2

Too bad, most of the laptop sales just ended. The alienware was like $1,999 after black friday until like 3 days ago. And the Asus G53 was only $1,200

Of course, building a desktop is still much better and cheaper.

Isn't your budget only like $1,000 though??

not too bad of a deal


You should check out Xotic PC, you can configure it exactly like you want, and prices are good too

http://www.xoticpc.com/
 

Latest posts

Back
Top