Mass Effect 3 and The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

XzelK

Rookie
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
42
So,

Anyone else watch the debut trailers to these two awesome series? I sure did.

BioWare and Bethesda are my two most favorite companies, although BioWare above Bethesda personally. I can't wait for these two games to come out in Q4 2011.

Also, if anyone has played Mass Effect. During the debut trailer, does anyone notice that the room Shepherd looks upon Earth looks awefully a lot like the room the Illusive Man sits in. This leads me to believe that Shepherd stays with Cerberus and has gained the Illusive Man's trust so that he may see him in person. Who wouldn't stay with the company that brings you back to life eh?

Anyone else have an opinion? BioWare has always been a company to release things in very mysterious and puzzling ways. There's probably lots one could interpret from the trailer. I mean, they 'announced' Mass Effect 3 by posting links to screenshots and not saying anything else. Even the title of the thread was a link.
 
Also, if anyone has played Mass Effect. During the debut trailer, does anyone notice that the room Shepherd looks upon Earth looks awefully a lot like the room the Illusive Man sits in. This leads me to believe that Shepherd stays with Cerberus and has gained the Illusive Man's trust so that he may see him in person. Who wouldn't stay with the company that brings you back to life eh?

That, or he viciously ripped out the Illusive Man's spine and took over the operative cell he commanded? Either way, I can't wait for Mass Effect 3 to come out!

Also, I don't get why Bethesda is making the new Elder Scrolls in Skyrim, when there was an expansion pack or add-on made for Morrowind that takes place in Skyrim.
 
hmm im not sure if it looks like the illusives man room. maybe he got a new ship or an updated version of the normandy since it was hit pretty bad at the end of 2. but theres a lot of room for speculation with this video.
i cant wait for mass effect 3. they better make an amazin ending.
 
That, or he viciously ripped out the Illusive Man's spine and took over the operative cell he commanded? Either way, I can't wait for Mass Effect 3 to come out!

Also, I don't get why Bethesda is making the new Elder Scrolls in Skyrim, when there was an expansion pack or add-on made for Morrowind that takes place in Skyrim.

Well, not really sure. There was a lot they could have done. But, all in all, it's just another generic 'rising up' and 'one hero' saves all of humanity kind of thing. It explains it in the trailer. I can't wait for it and I was reminded that they are going to use a totally new engine for TES:V. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Oh btw, for Mass Effect fans. I got my copy of the Miranda Lithograph this afternoon at 10:00 MST. Can't wait to get it.
 
Both are going to be excellent games, that's really all that I can say at this point though.
 
Oh btw, for Mass Effect fans. I got my copy of the Miranda Lithograph this afternoon at 10:00 MST. Can't wait to get it.

Meh, it's all about Tali. Mmmmmm, quarians.

Other than that, I have to agree to the letter with what you've said. These are definitely my two favorite game developers, although Bioware ahead of Bethesda.

I can't wait to see what Bethesda's changing for Skyrim. Morrowind was so immersive, but the mechanics just confused and bogged it down. Oblivion on the other hand streamlined the mechanics at the expense of environment. Compared to Morrowind, there just was not nearly as much to do or explore. And with Fallout 3, I love how they changed the level up system from skill-sided to total experience, but I just don't like the setting unfortunately. I really want to see if they can get the right balance and keep the mechanics simple while giving hours of immersive gameplay. I canNOT wait.

Oh, and Mass Effect 2 was just glorious. I want ME3 nao!
 
I love both of these companies. They both make great games, I can play their games for years. I kind of wish I had a time machine, so I could get the games sooner. But the thing is that games now a days are always getting their release date pushed back or the company release the game too soon. I hope this doesn't happen.
 
Last edited:
Bethesda and BioWare in my experiences haven't been too off on their release dates. Also because I buy on Steam I know exactly when I can play the game.

Meh, it's all about Tali. Mmmmmm, quarians.
F the Tali-Mancers. Steals all the fans. :P

And also, I was corrected on a FA comment in that Bethesda will be implementing a new engine for Skygrim. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Finally, a Mass Effect Easter Egg. Anyone ever notice that in 'Suicide Mission' when the Human Reaper falls, you can just barely see the Illusive Man's giant head peering in through the ceiling.
It's almost like he is watching a scale model of us and is controlling everything. Like a game. Has anyone heard anything about this? I'm still curious and researching myself.

EDIT: didymos1120 explains it all in this forum topic: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/860379/2
It's a giant version of him, not a glitch, that's used for the basis of holograms. All holograms use this procedure, and there was just a gap in the ceiling which is why we can see him.
 
Last edited:
Also, I don't get why Bethesda is making the new Elder Scrolls in Skyrim, when there was an expansion pack or add-on made for Morrowind that takes place in Skyrim.

Someone wasn't watching or paying attention to the elder scroll series *tsk* i all i know is that there's been morrowind oblivion and possibly Hammerfall. Each series takes place right after the other if not then years after telling tales of old heroes and "one" grand new hero to save man kind. Anyways it does say in the trailer it takes place either during the oblivion crisis or right after it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top