Headset Sound Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

[HoneyChicken]

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
704
Last night whilst playing on Team Fortress 2, my sound randomly cut out through my headset. The sound works fine through my speakers, too. My wire for the headset is all tangled up within itself, and whenever it's put in a certain position the sound works fine.
Plantronics .Audio 310 Monaural PC Headset
Windows Vista 64 bit (I think)
And if you need any more specs, just tell me. Any help would be highly appreiciated!
 
Sounds like the connections on the headset aren't working right. Probably some of the wires are coming loose. What you need to find out is if it's the headset plug, or the audio jack you're plugging it into. If you can use another headset, plug that in and see if the sound also cuts out. If it does, you're looking at a loose audio jack. If not, then you should think about getting a new headset or duct-taping it into the "certain position" that keeps it working.
 
It doesn't seem much like a loose wire, though. But I'm not sure. I don't have a spare headset to use either, but I have used my speakers through the same jack, and it's working fine. I have been looking at a new headset, and this "certain position" is hard to access. I just got to it by complete fluke, and only have come across it 2 times, so duct taping it would be quite risky. I'm going to have a look around at some other headsets come around for now, until a cure comes about. Thanks for the suggestions
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top