Bad Company 2 Vietnam won't install! Help?

gibso

Poster
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
132
Bad Company 2 Vietnam won't download! Help?

May not be the right forum, if not then move please. Thanks.

I purchased the game, but when it said to install it, it wouldn't work and I was returned to the main store. How do I make it install again?
It says I own it, but it not is my library, and I cannot repurchase it.
 
Last edited:
In transit

Hey Gibso. I will move you to the right area.
 
Open BC2 and see if it's there on the left, it doesn't appear in your list of Steam games I don't think.
 
It's just a part of BC2, I think. It might act as an update, I just bought it and my BC2 sort of just updated.
 
i bought it on steam, and the issue is, that i bought the BC2 original from original place, so it wont let me download Vietnam which is saddnes :(
 
Sorry, I'm pretty useless :( hopefully someone else understands your problem better and can help you.
 
if you bough bc2 in store and viet from steam they wont work together, and vice verve.
 
if you open BC2 and there is the vietnam tab on the left hand side, see if you can insert your cd key that you were given when you purchased vietnam. It may unlock for you. Otherwise im not sure, you may have to contact customer support.
 
All there is to Vietnam is a key to unlock from within BC2. If you purchased from Steam before the 18th, you got early access on the 18th. Everyone else will get their codes sometime today. If Steam's not giving you a code yet, that's why.
 
if you bough bc2 in store and viet from steam they wont work together, and vice verve.
So if I have a retail copy of BC2 I have to buy Vietnam retail too?:blink: *edit* It looks like we can buy it from the ea store for the retail version
 
Last edited:
The only issue is with Steam, all others will be fine. You already have Vietnam on your PC it was included in the R10 update. You need the Unlock Key in order to access the game (which is accessible from the BC2 main menu in-game).

FRONT PAGE NEWS said:
Frequently Asked Questions:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam is a DLC expansion which requires the original Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in order to operate.

Those who have purchased BC2 from somewhere other than Steam may NOT purchase or be gifted BC2 Vietnam via Steam. Any and all other purchase locations will work.

Steam users can purchase BC2 Vietnam from any location including retail (not available until 12/21).

Only expansions purchased from Steam or the EA Store will gain access to BC2 Vietnam now, all others will wait till 12/21.​

Hope it helps.
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top