Guess what came in the mail today? :D

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
4,155
Two things:

My girlfriend's birthday present, then at like 8pm, guess what showed up?

If you guessed a CR-48, you guessed correctly. :P

I have written an article over at Hardware Doken. Go give it a read. :)

There will be plenty more articles in the near future.
 
I liked the article. Good description, and from the pictures I must agree with you about the click pad thing, but it looks very nice. And with no branding, I must also agree with you. Looks like a neat laptop.
 
Thank you. :)
The next article I write will probably be the 6850 review we've all been waiting for. :P

Actually, that review is almost done. I just need to run the benchmarks. Which I recently reinstalled my OS, and I just finished downloading them tonight. So expect it soon. :)
 
Since this website gave me the inspiration for starting reviews, how would you like me to overclock the 6850? Want me to go balls to wall and get it as high as I can? Or get a modest overclock with minimal voltage tweaking? Oooor, stock voltage, and only overclock with CCC?
 
Since this website gave me the inspiration for starting reviews, how would you like me to overclock the 6850? Want me to go balls to wall and get it as high as I can? Or get a modest overclock with minimal voltage tweaking? Oooor, stock voltage, and only overclock with CCC?

Bump for answer?
 
Find the most optimal overclock.

The highest voltage/core clock you can get, with safe temps. Don't fry it though.....and be reasonable with the voltages cuz you don't want the thing to die in 3 days
 
Seems like a macbook. Same keyboard (no curve), same touchpad style. Also, from what I've heard you aren't supposed to be able to load any other OS on it.

Is it mac price?
 
Seems like a macbook. Same keyboard (no curve), same touchpad style. Also, from what I've heard you aren't supposed to be able to load any other OS on it.

Is it mac price?

It's not for sale yet, only testing.

Yes, its called a chicklet style keyboard and a lot of companies are using it. The style resembles more of the original black plastic macbook. The large trackpad is starting to be implemented by many companies though i think the chrome notebook is a first from any company outside of apple. Envy might have one from the looks of it but im not really sure. It's a lot better than the small cramped trackpad on PC machines IMO.

I dont think it has enough room to load another OS, or its going to be tight. I heard it only has a 20GB hard drive? and most of the storage is going to be cloud based?
 
It's not for sale yet, only testing.

Yes, its called a chicklet style keyboard and a lot of companies are using it. The style resembles more of the original black plastic macbook. The large trackpad is starting to be implemented by many companies though i think the chrome notebook is a first from any company outside of apple. Envy might have one from the looks of it but im not really sure. It's a lot better than the small cramped trackpad on PC machines IMO.

I dont think it has enough room to load another OS, or its going to be tight. I heard it only has a 20GB hard drive? and most of the storage is going to be cloud based?

Mmmmhmmmm the entire reason for chrome OS is to move to cloud based computing for everyting....not my version of safe...but Monkey sure <3s google
 
Seems like a macbook. Same keyboard (no curve), same touchpad style. Also, from what I've heard you aren't supposed to be able to load any other OS on it.

Is it mac price?

You can get Ubuntu on it. I will be doing that probably after Christmas when I have time to.

Mmmmhmmmm the entire reason for chrome OS is to move to cloud based computing for everyting....not my version of safe...but Monkey sure <3s google

Nothing is computed in the cloud, it's all cloud storage for now. It's not meant to be your primary OS, but an additional computer that will work seamlessly and effortlessly with your others.

I think I need to write an article about ChromeOS now. lol.
 
My bad, my bad Phobus, your right, Ubuntu is working on cloud based computing, Chrome just wants to store all your other stuffs. Ill try to use better choice of words :P
 
I will work on the 6850 review tonight, once I have some extra time.
I'll do my best to make it all super awesome. lol.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top