DoD:S crash

Chargin Sarge

I made one post
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
26
My DoD:S crash about 1 min after I join a server and I must restart comp cus it messed the whole comp up, when it crashes the colors get messed up and it looks like if it was from a tv that has bad connection to the tv channel :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Zak, fyi, you probably wanna watch the language, you will get hit hard speaking like that here. my suggestion is a full re-install on this one. You can also try something with the cache will probably fix it but im not home to try it to remember what to do :P right click the game in the steam library, click properties, than is defrag cache or something....phobus might chime in, hes the one that showed me how to do it in a previous post.
 
Yeah tried defraging, re installing, uninstall remove folder manually and then install and defraged and vertified cache, none of it worked:/
 
well buddy, it looks like there may some video driver conflicts. Im sure you dont want to hear me say this...but make sure your video drivers are up to date. If that dont work...you may want to roll back to direct X 8 to see if that fixes ya up
 
Frick! I can change from DX 8 - 9 and stuff right? And if I cant it sucks a bit:/
 
Last edited:
in the properties yes, im probably not giving you all the info, im not home lol so im a little off on the walk throughs
 
oh monkey do u have any idea why I have this problem now? I mean first time I installed and played on this comp it worked perfect
 
Well Zakoni.....one day....a 1 walked into the line of the code....0 couldnt help himself but make googly eyes at 1 and realize how pretty she was. The 0 asked out the 1 and they fell inlove and moved right next to each other... causing errors and throwing off the whole code and causing your game to constantly crash....

so the answer is no....but you may want to attempt toggling multicore rendering. That may help aswell. If i was at my PC i could help you so much more.

Edit: I wish i could be more help, but nobody else is chiming in so im attempting to do what i can while i rot away at work :P, im well aware im probably giving you redundant info.
 
Last edited:
i would have to say a bad video cable connection or bad video card or bad monitor. i would look into those before hand. it is possible the game settings are not using the native settings as other games are, if its cable just tighten up connections or replace cable... if its video card or monitor.. time for a replacement ( or update video card drivers before replacement)
 
Or so I tought, its just a bit delayed now, can play for 5 min but then same stuff happends
 
I had a very similar problem recently except it would happen anywhere from 15-20 min into the game.Would happen with any game, DoD:S the most since I play it the most. Installed the latest drivers and all, but the problem still persisted on.

My Graphics card was over heating and would eventually temporarily give out. the card's Temperature would be normal until gaming, when it needed more juice, you could say. Regardless it couldn't breathe so it just kept giving out.

What did I do to fix it? I took the card out, dusted the crap out of it and cleaned it a tad (Be gentle if your doing this, a low powered vacuum or simply blowing on the card will do the trick. No slightly moist rags or paper towls or anything. That may seem a bit obvious, but your surprised what people do. In a nutshell, be gentle)

No problems ever since. My cards fan and the whole thing in general was just covered in dust, a lot of dust.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top