Help

Jason

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,591
My computer fell out of my hand one day while moving it now it randomly shuts off while I'm surfing the web or in Photoshop but doesn't cut off while I'm gaming. I find this to be very strange because I figure my computer works a lot harder while I'm gaming so I don't get it. It doesn't actually shut down but the mouse doesn't work and keyboard either. I have ask several people and they all seem to think it's the hard drive but I don't have a clue. The screen stays on and I can see what I was doing, and all fans in the cpu box keep spinning.
 
Have you opened the case up and looked around inside, making sure all the wires and such are attached? And is this a laptop or desktop? I'm having two different mental images of you dropping your PC: One holding a laptop, the other trying to move a desktop.
 
It's a deaktop and yea I opened it to see if everything looked ok and the only problem I saw was the place where you plug in the power on and restart switch had bend out of place a bit because the wires must of got snatched off the mobo so I put all the wires back in the right spot but the connected is now a bit lose because the connectors are no long straight their slightly bent. When it locked up on my yesterday I hit ctrl alt delate about 5 times and held it for 3 seconds each time and the computer did 3 beeps and when on frozen.
 
I'm betting you can get that cable replaced pretty easily. If it's an OEM computer, you can contact the manufacturer (Dell, etc) and get them to send you a replacement power switch assembly. I know that when I worked at Gateway, we used to send out parts like that free of charge.
 
It's not so much the switch assembly thats bend up its the connectors on the mobo that are slight bend because the cords snatched out of place.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top