Weapon Model Issues

Laidenkross

I made one post
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
7
I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum section o.O. Ok, so I log on to Day of Defeat one day to find out that many of my weapon models are glitched. Parts of my K98, C96, Garand, and a couple others are having this issue. It just shows a black area where that part of the gun should be. Any suggestions would be helpful! I have already tried reinstalling.
 
I have never encountered this problem! Do you use skins for your weapons?
 
No I've never used any skins. I did try a skin on my K98 in hopes of it fixing it. It did not :(
 
First, have you been available to play before without any problems? If you un-install it remove the whole "day of defeat" folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\"Username".
Hope that helps

-Ghost

(the forum for "tech help" might be better EDGEGAMERS Organization > Main Category > Tech Talk> Tech Help)
 
Last edited:
First, have you been available to play before without any problems? If you un-install it remove the whole "day of defeat" folder at C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamapps"Username".
Hope that helps

-Ghost

(the forum for "tech help" might be better EDGEGAMERS Organization > Main Category > Tech Talk> Tech Help)

Good call.

Moved to Tech Help.

Agreed with Ghost, reinstalling doesn't clear a lot of game files and leaves some behind. If that's the route you want to go, delete your entire game directory. If it still happens. Try Verifying your game cache?
 
The Steam Cloud may be saving the corrupt skin file when you're reinstalling, but I'm not too sure how that works so I could be completely wrong. Try disabling it in the DoD options in the Steam menu.
 
I'll try Silent's way and uninstall it again and remove the DoD folder too. Thanks for the help guys. I'll post again with the results.
 
steam source engine update from dec 17th

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Improved sv_pure:
-Materials / Models / Sounds / Animations are more comprehensively protected.

-Switched from CRC to MD5 hashes for stronger per-file validation.

-Fixed some issues between custom files and server whitelists over level changes.

thats most likely the problem. what servers to these glitches occur on?

-Blue
 
My K98, Garand, C96, Mg 42, .30 Cal, Colt pistol, and scoped K98 are all the glitched ones I think.
 
try removing the skins you mentioned in the post above one by one to see if the default models work. then reinstall them one by one. If they remain glitched after you reinstall them, that means the recent engine update will no longer accept those skins and you will have to find new ones.

Good luck,
Blue
 

Latest posts

Back
Top