Cheap Headset

Putty

Forum Fiend
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
670
Anyone have any cheap headset recommendations? I'd LOVE to get a Turtle Beach, but don't know how much I want to fork out. I'm thinking at max $50, but I'd be perfectly fine throwing down only $30 on a headset.

I'm open to online or in store, thanks guys.
 
Creative Fatality Gaming Headset

Easily the best $50 set of cans I've ever bought. They're great for music, movies, and especially games. Bear in mind that they work best with creative's sound cards. However, they do still sound great on onboard solutions.
 
Zalman makes a sweet surround sound headset, owned every brand from Plantronics(junk) to logitec(blah). by far the best imo. only had to buy 2 sets in the last 6 years
 
Zalman makes a sweet surround sound headset, owned every brand from Plantronics(junk) to logitec(blah). by far the best imo. only had to buy 2 sets in the last 6 years

i don't mean to jack the thread but this is just a question tp SDEV, have you use the plantronics gamecom 777? if so how are they?
 
After looking up those ones that you just inquired about, I have them. It was a great headset, but there's something in my water (literally, sulfur) that eats away at something, as I turn the volume slider it'll fade in-between sides, if it plays at all.
 
would you recommend them?
they will be like 50 bucks on boxing day, so i was looking at em/.
 
i don't mean to jack the thread but this is just a question tp SDEV, have you use the plantronics gamecom 777? if so how are they?
Plantronics makes an awesome sounding headset,but, they are fragile and cheaply made. dont drop it, run over th cord with your chair, or anything else that might compromise it. since 1996 ive spent roughly 2000.00 USD on different headsets, ZALMAN has proven to be the most versitile and best sounding of em all:thumbup:
 
I guess I would recommend it. Personally, I'd love to get a Turtle Beach I can use on my X360 & my PC, but I don't see that happening right now.

On the note of Plantronics, I'm trying to pair a bluetooth headset (Explorer 233), but Windows can't find the drivers. Plantronic's reponse: Your OS should have them, if not reload it. Seriously? Reload my OS just to pair this thing?
 
nvm getting the logitech g35 only 75 bucks : D
btw i +1 mad pistol, had these but stepped on them by accident so they broke xD awesome headset for the price
 
I think I'm going to go out of my budget a little (just sold some PS3 games) and get a Turtle Beach X11. This way I can play on both my X360 and PC.
 
Back
Top