Red Orchestra - Heroes of Stalingrad

Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
139
I just checked out this game on steam store. "Heroes of Stalingrad" is the sequel to Red Orchestra by Tripwire.

I never really got into the original Red Orchestra. Maybe I just found the learning curve too much. Or the vehicles being to complicated to use effectively. Mostly I think this was due to the fact that I couldn't really be bothered. That and running across a huge map only to be shot by some random sniper cut down on my fun factor. If I had invested more time, it probably would have been a great game. But DOD just took up too much of my gaming time.

"Heroes of Stalingrad" though. I am willing to give a shot. The videos and screens look great and I have always been interested in the bloodiest battle of ALL TIME.
(I suggest reading Antony Beevor's "Stalingrad" if you like history books.) Also a more localized urban fighting setting could prove highly entertaining for a DOD veteran like myself.

Anybody else have any first impressions regarding this game? or the original Red Orchestra in comparison to DOD:S?
 
Wowww. I haven't heard anyone bring up RO in a LOOONG time. I had Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, and I still do on my other steam account. great game, but you are indeed correct.. the learning curve is a long one. I ignored hearing of all that though at the time I purchased it. when I saw a screen shot of the bernlin map with the Reichstag in the center and the city in flames I was sold.

I played a decent amount since I really enjoyed the realistic environment and the maps but it fell victim to DoD:s after a little bit. until I hear some other opinions or personal reviews of the newer one I probably wouldn't buy it just yet.. but now I'm compelled to re-install ostfront and give that a go for a bit, considering my gaming 'skills' have greatly increased in the last 3 or 4 years. :P
 
Last edited:
One of the few games I'm looking forward to coming out.

RO/DO still have one of the best realism style games I have ever played.
 
Back
Top